Daystar U.S. is a 501(c)(3) faith-based non-profit organization that mobilizes resources for Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya. The mission of Daystar University is to train and educate Christian servant-leaders to transform Africa. We are looking for a motivated, full-time Administrative Coordinator who will be excited to join our team of difference-makers for Africa. By providing administrative support at the Daystar U.S. office, this position offers a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on students, faculty, and staff at Daystar University as well as an opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with friends and partners of Daystar.
In addition to processing all types of donations, coordinating general mailings, and performing other important clerical tasks, the ideal candidate will be self-directed and able to proactively develop ways to streamline office operations as we serve our partners and Daystar University.
– Provide administrative and clerical support to Daystar U.S. office staff
– Answer phones, greet visitors, problem solve issues, organize files
– Assist with financial tasks; payables, making bank deposits, processing credit card donations, and creating donation reports
– Data entry and database maintenance
– Manage and assist with special events
– Maintain office equipment, supplies and office maintenance
– Other duties as needed
– Strong customer service and communication skills
– Ability to communicate cross-culturally with poise and respect
– Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and follow-up
– Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
– Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
– Capable of self-directed work and assists others with a servant-leader attitude
– Experience with any donor management software is preferred (we are transitioning from Raiser’s Edge into Virtuous CRM)
The job description could also grow into any of these areas (or other opportunities that may arise):
– Coordinating/managing marketing, both online and print, including working with outsource printer and layout design
– Fundraising and grant writing
– Managing the office IT and purchasing
– Manage Virtuous CRM. We are transitioning from Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software to Virtuous CRM (https://www.virtuouscrm.com/). Virtuous has many areas we could expand into, including donor/marketing automation.
– Create and manage an intern program
We encourage qualified candidates to apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
For more information about Daystar and its mission to transform Africa by educating Christian servant-leaders, please visit www.DaystarUS.org.