Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Summary of Position
- The Administrative Support will perform routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving clients, providing customer assistance, data processing and record keeping.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities
- Receives clients and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from clients and others and refers, when necessary to the appropriate person. Collects and tracks client payments when received.
- Provides scheduling support to clients and practitioners in person and over the phone. Contacts clients with appointment reminder calls.
- Processes new client intakes when clients come for initial appointment.
- Monitors therapist’s schedules and fills cancellations by monitoring and calling clients on the wait list.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports and other materials as needed and requested.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Prepares outgoing mail, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Participates in meetings as required/necessary with internal and external customers and partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions/major responsibilities.
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Organizational Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Proficient use of computers for communicating and documenting
- Strong communication (written, verbal) skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- High school diploma required. Associates level or greater level of education strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years progressive experience working in a similar office-related position.
- Knowledge and experience working with insurance companies and/or healthcare preferred.
- Administrative Support services are performed in a clinic/office setting. There will be frequent interaction with persons who are mentally ill and emotionally upset. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This role is regularly required to stand; walk, sit, bend, squat, kneel. This position requires good manual dexterity and may require the employee the ability to lift or move up to 35 pounds.
- Travel is rare, however if it was required, it would likely be local during the business day to attend meetings/training.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
**This is a part time position based at our Brooklyn Park Clinic.
The schedule will likely be:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 12:00pm – 8:00pm and Tuesday, 2:00pm – 8:00pm (30 hours per week) (Schedule subject to change)
Individuals may be asked to cover additional shift at our clinic locations.
Family Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and participates in E-Verify. Applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, or familial or veteran status.