Associate Director of University Engagement
Anselm House is seeking a full-time Associate Director of University Engagement. This position will work closely with our Program Director, Executive Director, and other programs staff to lead and develop all programs aimed at advancing Anselm House’s mission of connecting Christian faith with the academic life of the University of Minnesota, especially among faculty, graduate students, and research staff.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for developing all programs aimed at engaging the most promising intersections between the Christian tradition and the research and teaching priorities of the University of Minnesota. These programs necessarily involve a high degree of collaboration with UMN individuals and institutions, as well as immersion in the academic life of the University of Minnesota. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong academic training, interests, and abilities who desires the creative freedom to develop new models and programs for pursuing interdisciplinary questions in relation to the Christian faith at a major research university.
The job’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Executive Director and Program Director to set strategic vision for Anselm House’s engagement with the academic life of the University of Minnesota
- Develop a regular schedule of Anselm House public events (lectures, forums, workshops, conferences, etc.) that reach a wide range of audiences at the University of Minnesota
- Facilitate relationships among faculty and graduate students interested in the programmatic aims of Anselm House
- Cultivate Anselm House’s academic partnerships with UMN institutions (schools, departments, centers), and external institutions
- Develop new programs to incentivize and produce faith-informed scholarship among UMN faculty and graduate students
Success in this position requires expertise in navigating the many different academic contexts present within a public university. The successful applicant will possess the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm for the Anselm House mission of connecting faith and knowledge with all of life
- Graduate degree required (strong preference for PhD or terminal master’s degree completed or near completion)
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, public speaking) and networking skills
- Ability to engage, understand, and communicate with a wide range of audiences within the university, crossing disciplinary boundaries and religious/ideological perspectives
- Ability to plan and execute academic programs and events (lectures, workshops, conferences, etc.)
- Creativity to think in new ways about pursuing the university’s academic mission in relationship to the Christian faith
- Enthusiasm for representing the breadth of the Christian tradition—Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox—within a secular university context
- Experience writing and reporting on grants desirable
- Salary dependent upon training and experience.
- Grant-funded for three years, and we intend to expand advancement efforts to continue the position beyond the grant period
- Full benefits
- Review of applications will begin on January 14, 2019—applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled
To apply, send us 1) a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position, 2) a resume or CV (with references), and 3) (optional) a one-page statement of vision for how you might approach the position. The statement of vision might explicate the types of programs you would run, public conversations you would pursue, or other tactical or theoretical ideas.
Please send your application electronically to [email protected].