Leesburg, Ga United States
Flint Reformed Baptist Church
Associate Minister of Music (Full-Time) –Job Description
Brief Description: The Associate Minister of Music will specifically plan and lead the music ministry of Flint Reformed Baptist Church (under the direction of our Lead Pastor) but will also contribute to a diverse array of functions and duties spread across the entire life of the church including, but not limited to administration, education, preaching, teaching, and outreach. Beyond leading music, other responsibilities will be given based upon the giftedness and abilities of the candidate. Under the technical rubric of the FRBC By-Laws he will be classified as a “Vocational Minister.”
Supervision: The Associate Minister will report directly to the Lead Pastor and ultimately to the Council of Elders.
• Although as a “Vocational Minister” the Associate Minister will not initially be called to serve as an Elder, he should, nonetheless, meet the qualifications put forward for eldership in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 as the goal is to call him as an elder in due time.
• He must be in substantial agreement with the 1689 London Baptist Confession.
• He must have the ability to lead music (preferably with the ability to sing while playing the piano, but those who can sing while playing the guitar are also encouraged to apply)
• It is preferred that he has earned either a Master of Divinity degree or possibly its near equivalent (e.g. M.A. Theological Studies)
a. Coordinate and Lead Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening Worship Services
1. Lead in singing
2. Coordinate with other musicians
3. Work with the Lead Pastor on the selection of hymns
b. Coordinate and lead music in other forums as needed
2. Preaching and Teaching
a. Preach Sunday mornings as needed
b. Preach on Sunday nights as needed
c. Teach at Discipleship Training Classes as needed.
3. Other Duties
a. Assist the Lead Pastor as needed
b. Assist in various ministries as needed
Please send cover letter and resume to Pastor Joshua DeLong at [email protected]