Waterloo, Iowa USA
Associate Pastor of Family Discipleship
The Associate Pastor of Family Discipleship will have the main responsibility of administration, teaching, and oversight of Young Adult, Youth, and Children’s ministries. The emphasis of the job is focused on building Christ-centered, Scripture-saturated relationships throughout the week.
– To see the mission of GFC worked out in the youth and family ministry – to Proclaim, Obey, and Adore Christ Together.
– To lead and teach God’s word during the weekly Youth Group and Sunday School. This teaching should be richly biblical yet accessible and practical to the growth in Christ of the young hearts who attend.
– To create and implement a yearly schedule of events and meetings.
– To work alongside the Children’s Ministry Coordinator and Senior Pastor (Discipleship Team) to coordinate plans, schedules, and create a comprehensive ministry strategy from birth to adulthood that is centered on the mission statement of GFC.
– To build relationships with each youth who attends and also seek to build relationship with their parents as well.
– To, along with his family, join Grace Fellowship Church and embrace this as his church family.
– To preach in Sunday Service 5-10 times per year.
Profile of Candidate:
– The candidate must demonstrate a fulfillment of the biblical qualifications in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 of an elder.
– The candidate must be Reformed in his understanding of soteriology, complementarian in his understanding of men and women’s roles, and understand the biblical vision of the family is to have parents as the spiritual leaders of the home. Please see https://gfcwloo.org/statement-of-faith for GFC’s doctrinal statement.
– The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s in Theology/Ministry from an accredited, conservative, evangelical Bible College/Christian University with an emphasis in Youth Ministry preferred but not required.
– This candidate must be a man called by the Lord to the work of shepherding families into a deeper relationship with the Lord and also must have a heart to reach out to the lost and broken families that need the Lord. We are not looking for a pastor who plans to leave, but someone who is looking to come and plant roots in a biblically based church and fulfill their calling as long as the Lord allows.
– The ideal candidate would have 0-3 years of full time ministry experience.
– The ideal candidate would be married, or soon to be married.
– The ideal candidate will identify with 9Marks ministries and have a biblical vision for the local church.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter (letter of interest) and resume with three references to [email protected]
Pay package and salary will be commensurate with experience and education. A two bedroom, newly updated parsonage will be available as part of that package.
Please email [email protected] to submit cover letter and resume. Please include a link to current teaching as well.