Wausau, WI United States
Wausau Alliance Church
2125 Franklin St., Wausau WI 54403
Job Description – Church Planter or Campus Pastor in the Birnamwood/Wittenberg, WI area
Our Vision – We exist to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ who make disciples of all the nations.
Wausau Alliance Church is a healthy growing church with a vision to plant churches to the North, South, East, and West of Wausau. Our vision is to see these churches plant churches that seek to reach the areas around Wausau that need to be reached with the gospel.
The Birnamwood area is 25 minutes to the east of Wausau, Wisconsin. The population of Birnamwood is approximately 800 people and the population of Wittenberg is approximately 1100. Of the areas around Wausau, the Birnamwood area seems to have the greatest need for a new Christ-centered, Bible-teaching church. Wausau Alliance Church has been gifted a church building and a small congregation of people in Birnamwood. Our goal is to establish a new worshipping, multiplying community in the Birnamwood/Wittenberg area. We are looking for someone to help lead this new community.
The community will be planted and resourced by Wausau Alliance Church, but in many ways, the giftedness, and wiring, and skillset of the planter/pastor will help us determine whether this worshipping community functions more as a campus of Wausau Alliance Church (with live preaching) or eventually as an independent church, planted by Wausau Alliance Church.
– Have a growing walk with Jesus Christ that is characterized by repentance, transformation, love for, and reliance on the Lord.
– Commitment to Christ’s call for all believers to be disciples who make disciples.
– Commitment to and complete reliance on the Word of God.
– Agree and support the vision and ministry philosophy of Wausau Alliance Church.
– Committed to the Wausau Alliance Church Core Values
o High View of God
o High View of the Gospel
o High View of Mission
o High View of People
o High View of Prayer
General Pastoral Responsibilities
– Serve as the primary shepherd of the Birnamwood/Wittenberg church plant.
– Stay connected to the staff team of Wausau Alliance Church by attending staff meetings in Wausau, and attending and serving in larger church family events.
– Conduct funerals and weddings as needed.
– Hospital visitation as needed.
– Become licensed in the Christian and Missionary Alliance and pursue ordination.
Birnamwood/Wittenberg Church Plant
– Attend the Central Region’s Church Planter’s Assessment Center
– Attend Basic Training for Church Planters
– Network throughout the Birnamwood area, leading by example the priority of ministering to the lost and equipping the church to do the same
– Build a lead team to help plan and launch the ministry in the Birnamwood area.
– Cast vision, direction, and leadership over the Birnamwood/Wittenberg church in concert with Lead Pastor of Wausau Alliance Church.
– Receive ongoing coaching provided by the Western Great Lakes District and the Lead Pastor of Wausau Alliance Church.
– Develop a leadership pipeline to build up potential elders to help with the shepherding of the church.
– Oversee all ministry and ministry leaders serving in the Birnamwood/Wittenberg church.
– Disciple and equip men who are a part of the Birnamwood/Wittenberg church to step up to leadership as elders and future Discipleship Groups.
– Be seen as the primary shepherd (biblical counseling included) of the people worshiping at the Birnamwood/Wittenberg church.
– Preach at least 2 Sundays per month.
– Teach Adult Sunday School type classes as needed.
– Live in the Birnamwood area.
– Education: Minimum of undergraduate degree, but we would like someone with an MDiv.
Email Greg Schmidt, Lead Pastor at [email protected]