New Berlin, WI
Grammar School Teacher
Reports to: Head of School
Doxa Christian Academy is seeking applicants for all subjects in our Grammar School. The Grammar School faculty teaches and trains the grammar school students, inspiring them toward faith, virtue, and wisdom.
As a hybrid school, the Grammar School Teacher is a part-time position of 24 hours per week for 36 school weeks, as well as 1 week of summer teacher work days.
We also welcome applicants interested in only teaching special subjects, such as music and art.
School hours are 8:30-3:30 Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
At this time, no benefits are offered.
• Effectively teach the curricula, training students to retain and apply the content, as well as to value what they learn.
• Foster a joyful, pleasant, and challenging classroom atmosphere that leads to a love of learning.
• Shepherd the children’s hearts toward Christ by word, example, and prayer.
• Create a classroom that embodies the school’s values of truth, beauty, and goodness.
• Implement discipline strategies with truth and grace and maintain a well-ordered classroom.
• Exemplify, both in and out of school, Christ-like behavior that students can emulate.
• Develop strong relationships with parents, giving timely updates and preparing them to teach on satellite days.
• Abide by school policies with professional conduct as set forth in the employee handbook.
• Fulfill all additional duties as stated in the employment contract.
• A robust personal relationship with Jesus Christ, full of faith, obedience, and love.
• Adherence to our statement of faith and our definitions of Christian, classical, and hybrid education.
• A love for children and passion to disciple the next generation.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Familiarity with classical methodology.
• A commitment to being a lifelong learner.
Please review our website to understand who we are. Send resume and cover letter to Danny Francis at [email protected]