Minnetonka, MN United States
Ridgewood Church seeks a Communications Director who will lead in setting the direction, as well as the strategic implementation, of all internal and external communications. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator.
The Communications Director will lead in setting the direction, as well as the strategic
implementation, of all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable
and fulfill the vision of Ridgewood Church. This individual will be a creative, innovative,
strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator.
• Lead all efforts related to the creation, development, and creating content for the
Ridgewood Church website.
• Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information
(article links, stories, and events) are posted regularly.
• Assist staff regarding website usage for ministries, which will include current
ministry information, links to events, etc.
• Coordinate integration between the Ridgewood Church website and Ridgewood
• Create and oversee content for the Ridgewood App.
• Develop system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related
to Ridgewood Church.
• Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series,
large events, and other strategic initiatives.
• Oversee all written materials related to promotions or special ministry events.
• Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies on a
number of different platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, etc.
Design and Brand Management
• Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide
activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
• Design graphics for various ministry events.
• Recruit volunteers as needed to achieve communication goals.
• Oversee the use of logos and images that represent Ridgewood Church.
• Provide quality video presentations as needed to further church initiatives.
• Edit weekly video content for website and app. presentation.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to
help others find and follow Jesus.
• A highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing
• The proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
• Is organized and able to manage multiple projects.
• Is action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate
action when something needs to be done.
• Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, and communicates
effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
• Is an organized, creative thinker while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Is committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths
• Has excellent written and oral communication skills.
Reports Directly to the Executive Pastor while working closely with the Lead Pastor.
Commensurate with experience.
Job Type: 30-Hours Per Week
please email Walt Pitman-Executive Pastor at [email protected]
Handout: Communications Director.pdf