Henrico, VA United States
Job Description: The Chaplain is responsible for providing comprehensive Christian pastoral ministry to the residents and staff of the correctional facility; provide other services to inmates, staff, public officials, and the community that will enhance the overall ministry.
Job Duties: General day to day job duties include the following:
1. Provide comprehensive Christian chaplaincy services to inmates and staff: counseling, conducting/scheduling Christian worship services, Bible studies and arranging clergy visits, distributing literature and performing other pastoral and ministerial functions as appropriate.
2. Facilitate access and ministry of religious volunteers for all faith traditions recognized by the facility.
3. Handle emergency and death notifications among inmates and their families.
4. Encourage and counsel inmates, correctional officers, and other facility staff.
5. Recruit, supervise and train religious volunteers.
6. Promote the visibility of the ministry in the community through jail tours and presentations to individuals, community groups and local churches.
7. Fulfill administrative requirements of the facility and our ministry.
8. Generate and file computer reports using a variety of software applications.
9. Work with the local community (churches, individuals, organizations, businesses) to develop partnership support for the ministry.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Bible/Theology from a regionally accredited
2. Incarceration experience: An understanding of the correctional environment with
practical service/ministry involvement and commitment.
3. Ordained, licensed or commissioned by local church or denomination.
4. Experience in evangelism, discipleship and evangelism.
5. Agreement with GNJ&PM doctrinal statement
Compensation: $50,000.00 annually plus benefits.
Send resume and digital photo to [email protected]