Minneapolis, MN United States
CREATION STEWARDS INTERNATIONAL
Title: Development Director
Organization: Creation Stewards International (CSI)
Location: USA (Remote, Preferably MN or FL)
Terms: Part-time or full time (subject to probationary period
and successful fundraising)
Salary: 60,000 – 80,000 annually (subject to successful fundraising)
Closing date: Open till filled
Seeking a strategic Development Director to mobilize resources for effectively expanding CSI’s work in Africa.
CSI exists to train and equip African peoples with a gospel-centered vision for creation stewardship that leads to locally sustainable farming and land restoration strategies, alleviating chronic hunger, poverty, and dependency on foreign aid.
The successful applicant will have a track record in networking, fundraising, and the skills needed to lead an evangelical mission organization towards expanding its impact.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow a small but effective wholistic ministry that teaches God’s word, disciples people, and brings mercy to the poor. CSI has a proven track record in transforming church and community leaders in Africa.
Key responsibilities include:
• Fundraising to enable ministry expansion.
• Networking and the development of a larger and more diverse donor base (Wealthy Private Donors, Planned/Estate Giving, Donor Advised Fund lists, Foundations and recurring gifts)
• Strategic and administrative leadership in cooperation with USA Director Rev. Erik Hyatt, and Kenya Director Craig Sorley.
• Represent and passionately promote CSI to donors, churches, mission agencies, and the global Christian community.
• Organize speaking, training, and creative fundraising events.
Full Job Description and Person Specification
Job Title: Development Director
Location: Working from home (preferably in MN or FL)
Reporting to: CSI USA Director
Responsible for: Organizational development and fundraising
Key contacts: CSI USA Director and CSI Kenya Director
Purpose of position:
The Development Director will seek to develop strategic relationships with key people, churches, and organizations that will increase funding for the expansion of CSI’s ministry in African and beyond.
1) Fundraising and Resource Mobilization
• Work closely with the CSI USA Director and the Kenya Director to achieve long-term sustainable funding for CSI.
• Network and find donors who align with and support CSI’s vision and mission.
• Engage in writing fundraising proposals and submitting grant applications while nurturing healthy relationships with both current and new donors.
• Increase the number of major gift partners including the growth of monthly giving partners.
• Work in cooperation with CSI’s fiscal sponsor and accountant as the organization grows, and provide financial reports in an efficient, timely and positive manner.
2) Strategic Leadership
• In cooperation with the CSI USA director and the Kenya Director, develop a five-year organizational development plan for expansion.
• Seek funding for, and cooperate with CSI USA staff (Admin/Accountant, Communication/Social Media Manager) who support the work in Kenya and beyond.
3) CSI Representation and Advocacy
• Passionately promote CSI and its work to churches, supporters, donors, and the global community through various communication channels (writing, social media, and speaking, both virtually and in person).
• Organize speaking, training, and vision casting events for the USA Director or the Kenya director.
• Donor development experience within a Non-profit or Christian ministry.
o International Development or overseas mission background a bonus.
• Proven/Successful fundraising track-record.
• Experience working in cross-cultural contexts a bonus.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
• Excellent organizational development skills: project management & donor relationships.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Excellent team player with ability to supervise, train and motivate others.
• Ability to inspire and connect with a wide range of Christian leaders.
• Self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong computer and software skills: Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Zoom, etc.
• A passion for evangelical missions, discipleship, wholistic ministry, and integrating creation stewardship with a clear connection to the gospel.
• Servant-hearted leadership that enables others to grow.
• Commitment to understanding and communicating the realities of world hunger, especially chronic poverty and hunger in Africa.
• Strong desire to see the poor delivered from dependency on foreign aid.