River Falls, Wisconsin
The purpose of the Music Director, directed by the power of the Holy Spirit, is to skillfully combine Biblical truths with music that magnifies the Worth of God, the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and motivates the gathered Church to join them in giving Glory to God.*
• 10-15 hours per week (including song selection, service planning, music team practice, and the worship service itself)
• Prefer someone who lives within a reasonable commuting distance of The River office in River Falls, WI.
• Provide God-centered leadership for the Music Team through planning, practicing and leading weekly worship service.
• Work in Sound-Select and choose music according to sound doctrine.
• Supervise and work with a Music Team composed of volunteer musicians.
• Work collaboratively each week with our volunteer Tech Team.
• Work jointly with the Pastor to create thematic continuity in worship.
• Keep some office hours (negotiable) for the purpose of being available for a weekly staff meeting and meeting(s) with the Lead Pastor.
• Deliberate and skilled to effectively communicate with the Music Team and Administrative Assistant.
• Accountable to the Lead Pastor and present elder overseer of the Music ministry.
• Able and willing to prepare Worship services in confines of Christ centered songs
• A person whose life is marked by a vital and growing relationship with Jesus.
• Evidences spiritual and emotional maturity& humility.
• Experience in planning and leading corporate worship.
• Prefer someone who has Reformed theological position along with a strong biblical foundation.
• Subscribes to the Converge Worldwide Affirmation of Faith and to the Converge Great Lakes Code of Ministerial Ethics.
• Has a strong desire to see a congregation grow in their love and understanding of corporate worship.
*Adapted from Bob Kauflin in Defining Terms January 25, 2006
Send Resume to [email protected]