Bloomington, MN United States
The Director of Music oversees the music ministry of Bloomington Covenant Church, with a particular focus in congregational worship.
The Director of Music must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and have knowledge of and agreement with the theology of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
All aspects of the music ministry are to be in harmony with the mission of Bloomington Covenant Church: Loving God and Loving Others; Serving God through Serving Others.
● In collaboration with the Pastoral staff, plan regular and special worship services.
● Provide congregational leadership in weekly worship services.
● Schedule participants for the worship team, choir, and small ensembles as needed. Conduct rehearsals for the musicians.
● Participate in weekly staff meetings and worship planning meetings.
● Manage and oversee the Music and Worship budget.
● Oversee musical instrument maintenance and organization of worship resources.
● Submit annual reports to the Congregational Annual Meeting and send updates to the Leadership Team as requested.
● Training in music/music education; music degree preferred
● Experience and competence in leading vocalists, instrumentalists and small ensembles
● Understanding of technology used in worship: lights, sound, projection
● Effective communicator
● Strong leadership skills
To Apply: Please send a resume and brief cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position to the church office: [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!