Cokato, MN USA
The Director of Youth Ministry & Christian Education is responsible for directing the Christian Education programs for all ages and for shepherding the youth in grades 7th-12th and their families. It is this person’s responsibility to create, run and organize ministries that develop our church attendees of all ages in their walk with the Lord, helping them to have a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and helping them to be impactful in their communities with others.
● To prayerfully lead students in learning subject matter, enhancing skills and developing attitudes and behavior which will contribute to their continued Christian development;
● to model a consistent walk with the Lord;
● to show by example the importance of Scripture and prayer;
● to witness and provide unity in Christian fellowship;
● to lead students of all ages in their own faith; and
● to encourage Christian service activities.
These objectives include discerning vision, teaching, discipleship, programming, pastoral care and shepherding. The position will report to the Senior Pastor and will engage with the Deacon Board as necessary and as requested.
● Develop the youth ministries to empower youth to faith and maturity in Jesus Christ
● Integrate, promote and lead a variety of ministry opportunities such as, but not limited to, Sunday School, Sunday Night Youth, Blitz Conference, Fall Fling and camp times.
● Work at integrating the youth and their activities into the life of the whole church.
● Build relationships with youth and their families, connecting regularly with all youth of our church
● Mentor youth and be available as needed
● Attend student and school events, as able
● Involvement in community youth events and youth leader’s meetings (DC United and EFCA Youth Network)
SUNDAY SCHOOL 15%
● Develop a unified educational program of Christian study, nurture, and fellowship; working with teachers and classes to choose resources.
● Possible leadership of Sunday School for youth or other groups
● Vacation Bible School: Recruit director and volunteer teachers and staff, assist in organizing and scheduling, serve as a resource person for teachers or age groups
● Promoting and creating service opportunities for our children and families several times a year
● Organize and promote missions trips and service opportunities within the community
● Assist AWANA team with planning of program
● Promote Sunday School attendance and growth
Other Duties as needed – including participating in music worship as requested, etc.
Miscellaneous special programs, projects, initiatives, including but not limited to: Day of Thanks, Christmas Program, Harvest Party, etc.
● Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit and healthy family life
● Is an engaging teacher, with strong Biblical and theological background and agrees with and teaches in compliance with Albion’s statement of faith, mission and core values
● Is skilled at discerning, communicating, and executing short and long-term vision for a high-impact student and adult ministry.
● Value personal and professional growth and is committed to pursuing further education or training.
● Able to create and teach engaging practical lessons that respectfully handle and apply scripture to students’ lives.
● Able to organize and lead groups, programs and events
● Able to recruit, train and work well with adult volunteers
● Possess a strong understanding and effective usage of technology and social media
● Willing to embrace a flexible work schedule needed to connect and minister to youth and their families
● Ability to self-manage – organizes and prioritizes well; uses time efficiently, quality work, professional; excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including various media
● Excellent team player – working well with students of all ages, parents, volunteers and staff
● Bachelor’s Degree with a Bible emphasis/major/minor
● Ministerial license, or willingness to pursue a license within the EFCA during the first year with Albion
● Complete agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith
● Demonstrate solid knowledge of Scripture
This is for a permanent, full-time position. The pay rate has not been determined at this time. We desire to applicant to be a Biblical studies major. US work authorization is required.
Apply for this job by emailing a letter of application and resume to: [email protected]