Belleville, MI USA
Director/Pastor of Student and Family Ministries
Redemption Bible Church – Belleville, MI
In God’s glorious providence, wisdom, and grace He began gathering Redemption Bible Church on Sunday, April 3rd, 2022. Redemption Bible Church is a multi-generational church that loves to worship, serve, and fellowship together; that welcomes, embraces, and engages newcomers; and that holds a deep commitment to the expositional preaching of God’s Word. We have 120 members that are eager to reach our community with the gospel and average 140 attenders at our weekly services. Our purpose is to exalt God, equip His people, and evangelize the lost.
Our student ministry currently averages 25 students (6th-12th grade) that gather together every Wednesday. Our students are a kind, welcoming, and outgoing group. They love to get a little crazy and have fun, and they are passionate about studying God’s Word deeply and wrestling with difficult questions about faith and discipleship.
Our kids’ ministry meets every Wednesday through the school year. We average around 30 kids per week and have an awesome team of leaders who love to teach kids about how they can know and follow Jesus.
The Belleville area is home to our church. Located in Western Wayne County, the surrounding community includes the City of Belleville, Charter Township of Van Buren, and Sumpter Township. Detroit Metropolitan Airport is only fifteen minutes east and provides airline services to virtually anywhere in the world. Ann Arbor, located twenty minutes west, offers an array of opportunities for education, living, sports, and recreation. The community continues to build upon a rich history marked by settlers, native residents, industrial growth and, most recently, by the automotive industry.
Today, the Belleville area is a thriving community of an estimated 40,000 residents adorned by homes, schools, various churches, modest shopping centers, and industrial parks. Belleville Lake, now surrounded by hundreds of lakeside homes, is a prime recreational attraction for many in the surrounding area, and Downtown Belleville is a great place to walk around, hangout, and grab a bite to eat.
• Primary teacher for student ministry on Wednesday nights
• Oversee, plan, and lead student ministry events and activities (retreats, mission trips, fellowship events, etc.)
• Recruit, train, and oversee the student ministry volunteer staff
• Manage student and kid’s ministry budgets in coordination with the deacons
• Oversee, cooperate, and coordinate with kids’ ministry leaders
• Attend and participate in monthly elder meetings and weekly meetings with lead pastor
• Ministering to and maintaining communications with the families of students and kids
• Preaching 3-5 times a year
• Other duties as requested by the Lead Pastor or Elders
Pastoral Qualifications and Skills
• Prioritizes personal relationship with Jesus above all else.
• Embodies the biblical qualifications for a pastor as laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
• Male (Preferably married)
• Agreement with and commitment to the church’s statement of faith
• Enjoys investing into relationships with and serving students and families
• Able to effectively teach God’s word in an engaging manner
• Eager to reach and disciple students
• Motivated, hardworking, and organized
• A teachable, gentle, and humble spirit
• Works well with others
• Able to think creatively and strategically to identify and meet ministry needs
• Completion of at least a bachelor’s degree (a desire to pursue an M.Div is preferred)
• Three years of student ministry experienced preferred
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Outgoing and fun-loving
• Enjoys beating students in dodgeball, gagaball, or any other game
• A strong sense of humor and not taking yourself too seriously (our students love to joke around)
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation will be determined based upon the candidate’s experience and qualifications
• Healthcare and other benefits (pastoral reimbursements, seminary tuition assistance, etc.) will be discussed with the candidate during the interview process
How to Apply
• For more information about Redemption Bible Church, please visit www.rbcbelleville.com
• To apply, send a cover letter, a resume, and, if possible, links for three sermons to [email protected]