Richland , WA USA
The Discipleship Pastor will oversee the integration of discipleship at Reata across their children’s, student’s, and adult ministries. He will provide vision and oversight in seeking to equip every member of Reata to be fully formed disciples in all aspects of everyday life.
The ideal candidate will be a humble, organized self-starter who is proactive and intentional with regard to ministry and relationships. He will be relational, demonstrating an ability to connect with people throughout the church and community. He will need to be an effective communicator who can communicate well in small groups, large groups, and individually, across written, verbal, and digital platforms.
• A Christian who fulfills the qualifications of an Elder in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Clear theological convictions that align with Reata’s doctrine and the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
• Track record of discipleship and evangelism in personal life and ministry
• Demonstrates pastoral presence and shepherd’s heart for congregation
• Holds a high view of Scripture in all aspects of church, family, life, and community
• Bachelor’s degree required; Seminary degree preferred
• 5+ years of vocational ministry experience preferred
Please email your resume to Carney Lucas at [email protected] Along with your resume, please answer the following questions as concisely as possible:
1. Outside of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000, do you have any theological, cultural, and/or ministerial convictions that are non-negotiable for you in a church setting?
2. What is your philosophy of discipleship?
3. Who are three of your favorite and most influential, well-known voices (authors, pastors, evangelists, theologians, etc.), and why?
Also, in your email, please indicate how you found out about this job opening.