Belmopan, Belmopan Belize
World Gospel Outreach, Inc. (WGO), is a protestant, non-denominational, evangelical church ministry that was founded in 1984 and now has ministry operations in both Honduras and Belize. Our Vision Statement is “Impacting the faith of Christ followers through serving and evangelizing children and the poor.” This vision is based on the biblical mandates to care for the poor, widows and orphans; to be fishers of men and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the lost and to be accountable before God for how we meet the needs of others. We accomplish this through lifeline ministry outreaches, serve teams, Children’s Ministry and the knowledge that the North American believer will be impacted.
As we begin to open up more opportunities in each country post pandemic, we are searching for the right candidate to fill our Belize Field Director role located near Belmopan Belize. The current major element of the WGO ministry in Belize is a Serve Team experience. These teams come and do partnership projects in the community such as construction, medical, water projects, etc. In addition, there is an element of a ministry business model to create micro-enterprises for surrounding communities. The primary role of this position is to provide overall leadership and an environment and structure within which the ministry can operate these Serve Team events successfully in addition to expanding into other areas of ministry vision. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to ministry planning and development, supervision, care and development of staff, collaboration and communication, spiritual leadership, financial management, risk management, construction, facilities and asset oversight, utility infrastructure, government, legal, payroll and human resources policies and procedures management.
● Fundraising position for full time missionary role to serve for a 2-4 year time commitment or longer.
● Serve and support the Belizean staff and other US missionaries in whatever capacity is needed above and beyond the position requirements.
● Humility, flexibility, team player attitude and not having a personal agenda are key to having an effective ministry. As North Americans, we are serving those in the host country and must endeavor to develop a sensitivity to and an understanding of the culture in which we are living and working.
● Be comfortable with a flexible work schedule as needed.
● This person needs to thoroughly understand the vision and core values of WGO (Excellence with Integrity, Authentic Christ-Centered Community, Strategic Discipleship, and Empowering Not Enabling) and be able to cast that vision to peers and visiting teams.
● U.S. Citizenship.
● Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field
● 3-5 years of successful experience in management or leadership positions are preferred
● Functionally bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
● Experience in “When Helping Hurts” ministry model or equivalent is preferred, but not required
● Promote teamwork and accountability with great interpersonal and relationship skills.
● Good administration skills with the ability to delegate and manage project planning and progress.
● Excellent at managing time, prioritizing multiple tasks and workload
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
● Ability to provide clear and concise written and verbal communication to all levels of the organization.
● Have or develop a broad understanding of the area in which you live and develop and utilize knowledge of Belizean culture.
● Microsoft computer experience preferred.
World Gospel Outreach is a Christian organization and it is necessary that missionary employees, staff and missionary volunteers possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Missionary employees and volunteers are encouraged to participate in staff events including prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All World Gospel Outreach (WGO) missionary employees, staff and missionary volunteers must unreservedly:
1. Be a current active member of a Bible believing church that aligns doctrinally with World Gospel Outreach, Inc.
2. Be able to fully support World Gospel Outreach’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith and ministry philosophy. www.wgoreach.org/beliefs
3. Be willing and able to follow all policies and procedures set forth in World Gospel Outreach’s Policy & Procedure Manual and Missionary Orientation Guide.
Join our ministry in this rewarding missionary role. Click here to express interest: www.wgoreach.org/missionary-preapplication.
To review other missionary opportunities, please visit: www.wgoreach.org/become-a-missionary.