River Falls, Wisconsin
The purpose of the Interim Pastor position is to work with the elders and congregation to provide Preaching, Biblical leadership, Pastoral care as the Church transitions to next Lead Pastor.
• Preach the Word in accordance with sound doctrine.
• Supervise and work jointly with staff.
• Work with the elders and practice mutual accountability with them.
• Keep regular office hours (negotiable) for the purpose of being available for counseling, staff meetings and ministry appointments.
• Deliberate and skilled to effectively communicate with present staff of River through face to face interaction, phone and e-mail.
• Proportionate to candidates experience and ability, we would desire candidate to aid the elders in assessing present core values, vision and mission of the Church to maximize future success. This could include helping the elders evaluate the effectiveness of present ministries of the church and their alignment with the church’s mission & vision.
• A man whose life and reputation are in alignment with the qualifications for overseers outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Evidences Spiritual and emotional maturity
• A man of Prayer who values corporate prayer
• Pastoral and Preaching experience
• 2 years of master’s level training or Bible college or its equivalent (preferred).
• Has Reformed and Complementarian theological positions along with a strong biblical foundation.
• Subscribes to the Converge Worldwide Affirmation of Faith and to the Converge Great Lakes Code of Ministerial Ethics [Converge Document Library].
• Has a strong desire to see people grow in their faith.
• Has a heart for outreach.
• In relation to elders, is a “first among equals.” He is the primary teaching pastor, and yet works within the realm of the Priesthood of believers and is wise in delegation and spreading the load of ministry.
• 20-25 Per week (including sermon prep and Sunday service time)
• 8- 12 Months
Submit resume to [email protected]