Connect Christian Church is located just outside of Cincinnati, OH. The church is lead by Lead Pastor Mike Edmisten and members of the congregation that make up the Elder Board. Connect has only been portable for around seven years after selling their building to move towards more of a contemporary atmosphere. Attendance right now typically runs around 250 each week. Currently the church offers two Sunday services, 9:30am and 11:00am, both of which are identical.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Kid’s Pastor to lead their children’s ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to lead and develop a safe and growing culture in the children’s ministry that surrounds and supports the mission and vision of Connect Christian Church. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, develop, and oversee volunteers
- Plan, execute Sunday morning responsibilities
- Plan, execute non Sunday service events
- Interpret and cast the vision of the church into the context of the Children’s ministry
- Have a strong culture of communication
- Create relative environments for children to learn more about and love God
- Be aware of culture trends
- Be strategic in setting personal goals and ministry goals
- Select and lead through specific curriculum that aligns with the vision of the church
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Spiritual maturity and good working knowledge of Scripture
- Experience in working in a children’s management setting is preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lead and delegate as well as communicate effectively with energy to children and volunteers
- Passion for outreach and reaching kids in the community with creative approaches
- High organization and administrative skills
- Relational skills (training, recruiting, developing lay volunteers, etc)
- Preferred candidates should have a bachelor’s degree, but not required
- Preferred candidates should have at least 2-4 years of previous experience in children’s ministry of some kind.
For more information, visit the full church profile at: frootgroup.com/connectkids
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at [email protected].