Belleville, MI United States
In God’s glorious providence, wisdom, and grace He began gathering Redemption Bible Church on Sunday, April 3rd, 2022.Our first gathering was attended by 130 people, and we now average around 160 attendees at our weekly services. As a body of believers that had previously gathered in another location, we exist as a church with a strong commitment to God’s Word and the exaltation of Jesus Christ in all things.
We are a body that is eager to support the ministries of the church and fully care for the needs of our pastors. While we are still searching for a permanent building, God has greatly blessed us, and we are confident in our ability to financially support two full-time pastors.
As a new church, we are still in the early stages of forming our identity, but we are united in several core areas. We have a strong hunger to know God and understand his Word more deeply. We believe that the Gospel is central to all that we do and that there is no ministry as important as the faithful preaching of the Gospel. We believe that God has not called us to be passive observers in His church, but each of us, regardless of age or gender, have been gifted and equipped to actively participate in the life and ministry of the church. We are also convinced that the Bible prescribes an elder-led model of church leadership.
Redemption Bible Church is a multi-generational church that loves to worship, serve, and fellowship together; that welcomes, embraces, and engages newcomers; and that holds a deep desire for the faithful preaching of God’s Word. We believe the Belleville area is in need of a strong Bible teaching church, and we desire to meet that need. Our purpose is to exalt God, equip believers, and evangelize the lost.
Lead Pastor-Elder Job Description:
● He will need to have a commitment to the authority and centrality of the Word of God in all that is taught and done.
● He will need to be an effective Bible teacher and preacher with strong communication skills. He will serve as the primary preacher, expounding the whole counsel of God exegetically, systematically, and expositionally in the Sunday worship service.
● He will be committed to shepherding by discipling others and being discipled.
● He will be responsible for leading the elder team in the establishment of a clear vision and mission for the church and its ministries.
● He will be responsible for partnering with the elders and deacons in oversight of the church in its day-to-day administration, supervision, and direction.
● He will oversee the programs and operations of the ministries as well as the personnel in conjunction with the team of elders.
Pastoral and Personal Qualifications:
● Manifestation of the biblical qualifications for a pastor-elder as laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
● Clear demonstration of the ability to communicate the Word of God excellently, teach sound doctrine, and stand for the truth of the Gospel
● Unreserved agreement with and commitment to the church’s statement of faith
● Completion of at least a Master of Divinity degree from a reputable seminary
● Has been ordained
● Experience with elder-led ministry preferred
● Five years as Senior or Lead Pastor preferred
● Demonstration of good character, moral purity, integrity, humility, and respect when dealing with all matters of church ministry and in his personal life
● A clear commitment to maintaining a proper balance between family life and ministry
○ He lives a personal and family lifestyle characterized by prayer, biblical truth, and faithfulness to his wife – emotionally, spiritually, and physically
○ His wife will be committed to and supportive of his ministry and be an active part in ministry as she is able
● Effective at interpersonal communication with people of all ages and walks of life within both the church and community
● Community orientation and involvement, as manifested in proactively working to reach local communities for Christ
● The creativity to envision new possibilities for the ministry as he works directly with the leadership team of vocational and lay elders
● The ability to think strategically about opportunities and challenges
● The ability to identify and communicate clear goals and effective strategies to achieve them
● A heart to shepherd and lead elders, deacons, and ministry leaders
● The ability to develop and employ the unique strengths of others
Compensation and Benefits
● Compensation will be determined based upon the candidate’s experience and qualifications
● Healthcare and other benefits will be discussed with the candidate during the interview process
How to Apply:
For more information about Redemption Bible Church, please visit www.rbcbelleville.com.
To apply, send a cover letter, a resume, and links for three sermons to [email protected] Please include sermons from three different series and preferably from both the Old and New Testament.