Cedar Rapids, Iowa United States
ABOUT CEDAR VALLEY BIBLE CHURCH
Located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Cedar Valley Bible Church was started in 1968 as a non-denominational Bible church. We desire to teach and encourage believers in our body to mature in their faith, minister to others and to make Christ known. We have approximately 140 family units and Sunday attendance of between 200-225. We have more empty nesters than families with children but desire to be more balanced. We also have a Pre-K through 12th grade school as a ministry of the church with 185 students.
• Be a man who lives by faith in Jesus Christ and exhibits the qualifications of an elder listed in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Be a man of prayer, a teachable student of the Bible, and one who demonstrates Christ- like servanthood
• Be a man who exhibits wisdom as it relates to loving his wife and leading his family, as well as in managing both his time and finances
• Be a man who knows how to set goals and accomplish tasks without being told, yet who is willing to ask for help when it’s needed
• Be a man who works well with others and effectively listens to what others have to say
• Be a man who interacts with and teaches God’s word to all age groups
Ministry Experience and Qualifications:
• An understanding and agreement with a dispensational view of the Bible, viewing Israel in the Old Testament as separate and distinct from the New Testament church
• Preferred Master of Theology degree attained by on-campus seminary training
• Minimum three years of pulpit experience in preaching God’s Word preferred
• Experience teaching young children the Scriptures desired
• The preaching and expository teaching of the Scriptures on Sunday mornings
• Serve with the elders, deacons, staff and church members in ministering to one another
• Work with the elders in shepherding the body at Cedar Valley and casting vision for future ministries, programs, and leadership
• Be available for baptisms, weddings, funerals, hospital visitations, pre-surgery prayer, conflict resolution and counseling and other activities as requested by the elders
• Meet with church staff once a month to review ministries, needs, and calendar
• Meet with and mentor the next generation of potential church leaders
• Build relationships with local church and ministry leaders
• The first year there will be weekly or semi-monthly meetings with assigned elders
• There will be two job performance reviews each year: one in January, one in August
Salary Range and Benefits:
Competitive compensation and benefits will be offered based on the education, experience, and demands of the position.
Please submit a letter of interest including a statement of faith, resume, contact information for three references from those in church leadership with whom you have worked, and a link to a video example of your teaching. References will not be contacted until later in the search process.
Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] Candidates will be considered until the position is filled. Application review will begin immediately.