Minneapolis, MN USA
Our cohort of interns will participate in a Leadership Development Cohort at First Baptist Church. This internship is designed to disciple, equip, and provide ministry experience. We provide an excellent training opportunity, as we do excellent work together. The internship will be comprised of both paid and unpaid interns and will run for the duration of the 2021-22 academic year, beginning August 22, 2021.
Internship length: August 2021 – May 2022
Pay: $3,750 stipend given in three installments of $1,250
The program will be directed by Senior Pastor, Jeremy Adelman; Director of Groups, Dalton Nowicki; and Director of Relational Discipleship, Carrie Paulson.
Below are detailed the two intern positions we are currently hiring.
Two-Tier Internship Cohort:
Leadership Development Cohort | Unpaid | Averaging 5 hours/week
• Interns in the Leadership Development program will participate in the weekly cohort
meetings focused on leadership and spiritual development.
– Cohort meetings will be on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:30pm, beginning August 31.
• Internship credits available upon request
• Monthly mentor meetings with a church leader
• Opportunity to serve and/or provide leadership in ministry teams/events
• Intern Orientation August 29
Ministry Interns | Paid | Averaging 10 hours/week
• Ministry Interns will participate in the weekly cohort meetings focused on leadership and
– Cohort meetings will be on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:30pm,
beginning August 31.
• Each ministry intern will be hired to work alongside staff members in one of the eight
positions detailed on the following pages.
• Bi-weekly ministry staff 1:1 meetings
• Intern Orientation August 22 and August 29
• Participate in discipleship pathways of First Baptist including Sunday Morning Worship
services and a weekly Community Group
Ministry Intern Job Descriptions:
Throughout the year, each intern will have the opportunity to grow as they work alongside one another, the ministry staff, lay leaders, and covenant members of the First Baptist Church community. Ministry Interns are expected to be active participants of First Baptist both on Sunday mornings and in other discipleship areas such as community groups and/or ministry teams for the duration of their internship, but covenant membership is not a requirement.
The positions are as follows:
• Pastoral Intern
• Serve Local Intern
• Missions Intern
• Campus Ministry Intern
• Worship Ministry Intern
• Family Ministry Intern (Kids or Youth)
• Church Operations Intern
Please note: When you apply for any specific position, you are applying for the First Baptist Church Internship Program as a whole. At some point in the application process, you may be asked to think about working in an internship position you had not initially considered.