Seattle, WA USA
The role of the Music and Production Manager is to assist the Elders of the church in creating a culture of worship, praise, and adoration by helping lead, train, and shepherd volunteers, ministry leads, and others for the work of the ministry. This position is responsible for all aspects of music and production ministries, including planning for Sunday gatherings and leading bands, musicians, and artists to display and declare the unsearchable riches of Christ. This role requires a firm understanding of how to lead a congregation in worship, develop leaders, as well as creatively leveraging music, arts, video, and production technologies to see more people meaningfully connected to Jesus.
• Prepare and execute a service and liturgy plan for all Sunday gatherings and events
• Participate in the selection, arrangement, and composition of all congregational music
• Provide coaching, and leadership for band and ministry leaders
• Hold auditions, and help shepherd, disciple, and encourage all volunteers to serve in worshipful excellence
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures, training, and materials for all positions
• Troubleshoot failing equipment, and manage gear and supply needs
• Help create proposals, budgets, timelines, and detailed execution plans for special worship seasons (e.g. Advent, Good Friday, Easter, etc.)
Media and Content Management
• Assist teams in meeting all weekly media deliverables consistently, including audio and video editing for band audio mixes, website content, and special projects
• Backup and organize all audio/video digital content according to current storage resources
• Collaborate in helping storyboard, shoot, and edit church-wide video content, stories, and promotional materials
• Agree with DCC’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibiting a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
• Fulfill the duties required of DCC members as outlined in the membership covenant
• Fulfill the character qualifications of a deacon as taught in the Scriptures (1 Tim 3:8-13) *
• Have the ability and a proven track record of “equipping the saints for the work of the ministry”
• Be a humble servant leader who has a desire to work hard and be flexible in a team atmosphere
• Be a teachable self-starter and have the willingness to learn and grow as the needs of the church change
• Have a deep love and passion for the gospel, the bible, and the local church
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• 3-5 years of administrative, production, or arts experience preferred
• Have demonstrated musical excellence in musically leading a congregation and arranging music.
• Have the ability to communicate, plan, manage projects, teams, and volunteers
• Have an aesthetic eye for detail combined with a big-picture vision
• Proficient in Google apps, documents, spreadsheets, and presentation software (Mac-based). Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, ProTools, and AV software/hardware is a plus.
* Although this is a manager level position, our desire is that this role would be pastoral in nature, and as such filled by a candidate pursuing a pastoral call.
Full Time: Approximately 45 hours/week
Schedule: Typically Sunday through Thursday (not withstanding special events/trainings)
Vacation: 10 days floating vacation with one week additional vacation between Christmas and New Years + 5 personal days
Salary: TBD. Depends on skill and experience
Other Benefits: Full Medical/Dental/Disability, Retirement: up to 4% matching; Monthly cell phone and book stipend.
Please submit applications here: https://downtowncornerstone.formstack.com/forms/employment_application