Dayton, OH 45459
About This Role
The Contemporary Worship Leader is the primary song-leader in South Dayton Presbyterian Church. He will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses, with the goal of leading both the volunteers and the congregation to give glory to God.
The Directory of Youth Ministry will help the high school students at SDPC prepare to give their lives to God by following Christ. The goal of youth ministry at SDPC is to invite teens to join God’s activity in the world, to see their mission in God’s family, and know God more deeply. He will collaborate with the session to implement a strategy to direct our families to raise people who are dedicated to serving God.
Primary Responsibilities and Contemporary Worship and Youth Pastor
1. Lead the worship and tech teams to promote excellent weekly worship on Sundays, and holidays.
2. Exercise spiritual and theological oversight of musical selection.
3. Recruit and equip musicians and technical support for worship services.
4. Teach the Bible to youth and grow a fun and challenging community where teens want to invite their friends.
5. Meet with students as needed, and counsel them through the various challenges they face.
6. Support the Senior Pastor and Executive Director in carrying out the mission of the church by providing input and assistance with all areas of church life.
Strengths & Skillset
1. A growing church leader with 2 years ministry experience.
2. A committed follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates spiritual maturity and a growing personal relationship.
3. Strong musical, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
4. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Compensation: $50-$60k per year.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Handout: 2021 Youth Music Director.pdf