Afton, New York
Objective: To teach and shepherd people to love God and others, grow as Christ-followers devoted to serving one another, and multiply disciples, specifically in the areas of music and youth ministry.
Description: The music/youth pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. He will work in accordance with the other pastors (and elders) in terms of setting the theme and the overall direction, but he will work specifically in overseeing and coordinating all the details that a service encompasses. He will seek to multiply young disciples and grow them as Christ-followers. Since this position is a pastoral one, he is therefore required to serve not solely as a musical or youth director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in these ministries.
• Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and fellowship.
• Spend time developing relationships with lost people to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
• Develop a youth ministry that aligns with the mission of our church.
• Build the necessary teams to carry out the music and youth ministries of FBC Afton.
• Meet regularly with other pastor(s)/elder(s), and ministry leaders to:
• Coordinate the corporate worship services of FBC Afton with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
• Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the current theme.
• Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
• Create set lists and transition outlines.
• Strategize youth ministry to be unified with the overarching vision of our church.
• Provide pastoral care and teaching for music teams, youth workers, and youth.
• Oversee the music and teen volunteers, organization, and, along with the treasurer, the budget.
• Continue to educate yourself (e.g. watch or attend other churches or conferences, research new resources available, etc.)
• Serve as an elder, providing oversight in at least one specific organizational method.
• Set annual goals for the music and teen ministry then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Compensation: The Music/Youth Pastor will be compensated with an annual base salary (30-35K) and a housing and utilities package set by the Trustees and voted on by the congregation.
Qualifications: The Music/Youth Pastor will be an elder. Therefore, the biblical qualifications of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy and Titus are the qualifications for any candidates who wish to apply.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Pastor Josh Clink at [email protected]