Weekly Attendance: 2,000
Compensation: To be determined upon hire
The Role: Northshore Community Church is in search of a Pastor/Director of Outreach who will provide visionary and spiritual leadership and sound management for their overall local and global missions ministry.
Meet Northshore Community Church: Half a century ago, 23 people gathered together in a local home with a dream to create a church where all people could come as they are and be loved, a place where the focus wasn’t on themselves, but on their neighbors, the next generation and those in need. Since then, Northshore has grown to over 1,800 people and many more online. We’ve gone on to plant over a dozen churches in our area and have partnered with international ministries to establish hundreds of churches worldwide. This level of impact has only been possible through God, who has provided us with the steadfast vision of four senior pastors, a faithful board of overseers, a generous congregation and a continued affiliation with Converge Worldwide.
About the Pastor/Director of Outreach: The Pastor/Director of Outreach will provide visionary and spiritual leadership and sound management for the overall local and global missions ministry of Northshore Community Church, equipping and empowering leaders and our congregation for short and long-term effectiveness locally and around the world.
The Pastor/Director of Outreach will work in the areas of:
1) Strategic Planning and Vision Casting in Local and Global Mission
– Identify focused areas of need and opportunity both locally and globally that align with Northshore’s values, mission, and philosophy of ministry.
– Develop and evaluate strategies to make a measurable impact in identified focus areas.
– Identify and engage local and global partners that are making measurable impact in these focus areas.
– Curate and/or develop focused local and global mission partnerships and experiences that mobilize Northshore in addressing these needs.
2) Provide leadership to the Mission Leadership/Review team. Functions of this team include:
– Recommending a Local/Global Mission annual budget to the Overseer Team.
– Assisting in developing mission policies and strategies for local/global missions.
– Evaluating existing and potential partnerships.
– Develop environments and opportunities to inform, challenge, and motivate others about involvement in local and global missions. These may include the use of social media, classes or conferences, church-wide experiences, etc.
– Maximize alignment between local and global ministries encouraging participants to engage in ongoing involvement.
– Remain well-informed of and evaluate trends affecting missions and the local church.
3) Leadership Development & Care
– Identify, train and support key lay leaders in coordinating local and global partnerships.
– Develop Local/Global Coordinators and Project Managers to implement programs and initiatives (staff and volunteer).
– Provide counsel and strategize next steps for supported missionaries on the field, as requested.
– Oversee the assessment and debriefing process for missionaries.
– Provide advice and counsel in emergency situations.
4) General Staff Responsibilities
– Lead and serve in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration with the entire leadership of Northshore. (Overseers, Staff, Core Lay Leaders, etc.)
– Provide pastoral care (prayer, counseling, encouragement, etc.) to Northshore body.
– Participate as a leader and pastor in major Northshore Events as directed.
What you bring:
1) Education & Experience
– Undergrad / Graduate level degree preferred
– Experiential equivalent to degree required
– Multisite experience is not required but would be helpful
– Experience working in a church setting, parachurch setting, or a similar and applicable secular setting.
2) Personal Characteristics
– Visionary leader of leaders.
– Fulfill the character requirements found in I Timothy 3.
– Have a deep, growing love for the Lord.
– Have a passion for local and global missions and seeing the gospel shared around the world.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Excellent communication skills, planning, and problem-solving ability.
– Good computer skills. Basic to advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs.
– Ability to work as team member to accomplish desired results.
– Ability to leverage partnerships and influence key connections and great networking skills.
– High emotional intelligence exemplified in strong recruiting and delegation skills.
Please apply by following this link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/northshore-community-church-pastor/director-of-outreach
For questions, feel free to email [email protected]