CEDAR RAPIDS, IA United States
Pastor for Stonebridge Students
Reports To: Pastor for Discipleship
Working Relationships: Serves on the Discipleship Team, working closely with the Pastor for Discipleship and Director of Stonebridge Kids. Leads the Stonebridge Students Team.
Primary Objective: To come alongside Stonebridge families and students to promote spiritual health and maturity by serving and equipping students, parents, and volunteers, and overseeing high school and middle school-related ministries.
Character and Conviction:
As part of the Equipping Staff of Stonebridge, the Pastor for Stonebridge Students must meet the following spiritual qualifications:
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ marked by spiritual maturity, humility, joy, love, and an utter dependence on the gospel of Jesus.
• Agreement with Stonebridge Church’s Statement of Faith.
• Agreement with and desire to live out Stonebridge Church’s Mission, Values, and Operating Convictions.
• A life that accords with the character qualifications for elders laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Experience and Skill:
The Pastor for Stonebridge Students must be a capable leader and godly servant, who shares the church’s vision and commitment to gospel-centrality, and helps impart that vision and commitment among students, volunteers, and the broader Stonebridge family.
As a teacher of the Word, the Pastor must be able to faithfully and effectively communicate God’s Word in a variety of settings. He must also be devoted to ongoing equipping and training in Word ministry.
As the point person for student ministries, the Pastor will possess strong organizational and communication skills, and have experience leading teams and developing volunteers. He must be compassionate toward young people and passionate about their spiritual growth and health. This person will be gifted in sharing the gospel with non-Christians and helping Christians apply the gospel to all parts of life. He will be able to develop parents and volunteer leaders to that same end, and create a ministry environment that works in conjunction with the broader church family to promote spiritual growth and maturity for students.
As a growing servant of Christ, the Pastor for Stonebridge Students will ideally have had experience working with students in a ministry or church setting, as well as an undergraduate degree in Christian ministry or biblical studies (or the knowledge equivalent thereof). Similarly, he must be committed to ongoing development and learning.
• Serve as part of the Discipleship Team, helping set and execute a cohesive, gospel-centered strategy for cultivating spiritual health and maturity across generations at Stonebridge, with a focus on students in grades 6–12.
• Lead the Stonebridge Students Team, overseeing the strategy, planning, and communication priorities of student ministry activities and events, including the teaching focus and curriculum selection. Oversee volunteer team leaders and team members.
• Encourage cross-generational community among children, students, and adults.
• Teach the Word of God, helping students see the gospel at the center and bringing God’s Word to bear on their lives.
• Participate in other teaching venues as needs or strategic opportunities arise.
• Recruit and train volunteer team leaders and members for gospel-centered Word ministry among students. Provide training sessions for all volunteer leaders.
• Equip parents for Christ-centered family leadership through classes, events, and resources.
• Recruit and develop students for a student leadership team.
• Ensure basic doctrines and spiritual disciplines are taught among students.
• Equip students to be able to minister the gospel to others and serve others for the sake of Christ.
• Initiate and build relationships with middle and high school students, as well as parents and adult leaders.
• Be available for counsel for students or parents. Assist in helping families entering into Biblical counseling when needed.
• Provide consistent, timely, and meaningful communication with parents regarding ministry events and opportunities.
• Update, distribute, and adhere to all compliance documents (background checks, etc.).
• Actively work toward a healthy spiritual, physical, and relational life.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Applications will be accepted through January 15, 2022.