West Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
The Pastor of Christian Life & Growth is a full-time ministry position that oversees the educational and discipleship ministries of Riverview Baptist Church. This position is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor. Additionally, this position will be held accountable by the Christian Life & Growth Committee and the Church Council and works in tandem with the Pastor of Youth & Young Adults.
This is a full time position with time spent in teaching, administration, vision-casting, counseling, discipleship, visitation, occasional preaching and various pastoral duties.
1. Profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Agreement with the faith statement of Riverview Baptist Church.
3. Meet the qualifications for an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3.17 and Titus 1.5-9.
3. Membership at Riverview Baptist Church.
4. Function as the Chair of Riverview’s Christian Life & Growth Committee.
5. Attendance at weekly staff meetings (Mondays, 10:00 AM).
6. Ability to receive direction from other members of the pastoral staff as necessary.
7. Giftedness in preaching and teaching various age groups. The candidate will be a gifted teacher who is able to adapt curriculum and the content of lessons to a certain setting and audience.
8. Proficiency in contributing to web content and maintenance of websites and internet communications.
9. Completion of Master of Divinity preferred, bachelor degree required. Based on their individual level of education and experience, all employees of Riverview Baptist Church are required to pursue ongoing educational opportunities.
The core responsibilities of this position are taken from the Purpose Statement and Beliefs of the Christian Life & Growth Committee, which must be endorsed and agreed upon by the minister.
1. Oversee RBC’s Sunday School ministry, including teaching a weekly Sunday School class and recruiting and training teachers for other classes. Additionally, oversee RBC’s Community Group ministry, including recruiting and training leaders and writing or providing the weekly curriculum for groups to use.
2. Plan, coordinate, and staff the various ministries of the church, including but not limited to: children’s ministry, nursery, VBS, adult education, discipleship, and community groups.
3. Recruit and train volunteers to run the various ministries of RBC especially for children and pre-k ministries. This includes scheduling teachers, providing curriculum, training, and background checks.
4. Coordinate with lead volunteers and assist with the needs of various educational ministries of the church.
5. Communicate weekly with parents regarding specific details of truths discussed at weekly Sunday School classes. Ensure teachers have the materials and training they need to effectively teach their classes
6. Submit written reports on a monthly basis to the Deacon Board, Church Council, and Christian Life & Growth Committee.
7. Assist the Senior Pastor with counseling, visitation, preaching, teaching, and vision-casting as needed.
8. Participate in the regular life and ministry of the church by regularly attending worship services, Family Night gatherings, and other ministry, worship, and service gatherings scheduled for the church body, to the best of his or her ability.
In addition to these duties, the Pastor of Christian Life & Growth shall:
1. Participate in the management and performance of Riverview’s website, including graphic design, website content, etc., and manage the church’s online use of multimedia, such as podcasting, video publishing, etc.
2. Plan strategically for the future of Riverview’s internet ministry in order to make advancements in the quantity and quality of the church’s internet communications.
3. Work with the pastoral and administrative staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]