Sturgeon Bay, WI USA
SBCC is a family of believers who glorify our Father, through the ministry of his Son, by means of the Holy Spirit. We are a church that is for God’s glory, for God’s people, and for God’s kingdom. To that end, we are committed to: Worshiping our God, Preaching the Word, Living Out Scripture, Engaging in Discipleship, and Proclaiming the Gospel.
We are seeking a full-time Pastor of Youth/Worship to join our family. This person will oversee all aspects of discipling students (grades 6-12) through young adults in our church family. This person will also be responsible for shepherding our church family into God’s presence through meaningful and biblical worship during our regular gatherings. Based on the spiritual gifts and background of the candidate, this person will have other duties as assigned and will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
1. Cultivate, equip, and mobilize parents, volunteers, and other ministry leaders to disciple the next generation at SBCC through teaching God’s Word and discipling others in the church.
2. Work with the Lead Pastor and other ministry leaders to build a comprehensive discipleship pathway and teaching plan for grades 6-12 to equip future saints for the work of ministry.
3. Engage in local community outreach by building relationships with students and parents outside of Wednesday evening gatherings.
4. Recruit, teach, and lead our worship team musically, cultivating a sense of excellence while building a balanced repertoire of biblically-based, theologically-rich worship songs for our church family.
5. Assist the Lead Pastor and other ministry leaders to create a thoughtful, cohesive, and worshipful time during Sunday gatherings. Utilize biblically confessional and historically orthodox resources to bear in areas of music, visual arts, and technology to create a robust Sunday experience for our church family.
6. Develop pastoral abilities and skills to help shepherd the SBCC flock. Participate in all weekly staff meetings, assist with pastoral duties (i.e., weddings, funerals, visitations) when necessary, attend elder meetings when appropriate, and complete other duties as assigned.
1. Has a deep, delightful relationship with Jesus Christ that is manifested with a clear, biblical testimony and a life that aligns with that testimony.
2. Possess a high view of Scripture, a love for the local church, and a deep desire to plant roots in the community.
3. Possess character qualities of a pastor/elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 and is eager to grow and learn in their ministry.
4. Demonstrate spiritual maturity (i.e., faithful, available, teachable), think theologically, has a heart to shepherd God’s people and is a team player with a humble attitude.
5. Undergraduate degree in youth ministry, music/worship ministry, or related discipline; and/or graduate degree in theological/biblical studies or related field preferred.
6. Prefer two or more years experience in pastoral or ministry-related position
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to clarity and detail.
If, after prayerful consideration, you feel that the Lord is leading you to join our family, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]