St. Paul, Minnesota
Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a Christian ministry responding in faith to Biblical principles to serve those experiencing homelessness, poverty, or addiction in our community. We provide Christ-centered, discipleship-oriented pathways and programs that restore dignity and wholeness to men, women and children. Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, evangelical Christian Ministry; as such, employees must share the Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
The Chaplain program is dedicated to providing exceptional Christian spiritual care, non-therapeutic counseling, case management support, and general services to our clients. This position leads and provides direct pastoral care and support care for men in the initial phases of the Christ Recovery Center program with limited supervision and in alignment with UGMTC’s mission, values and goals.
- Provide pastoral care to individuals and groups in accordance with ministerial ethics and standards, including visitation, prayer, non-therapeutic counsel, and spiritual direction. Design individual spiritual goals for each client as a part of broad program expectations.
- Teaches classes to groups of students on general study of the Bible.
- Use established case management methodology and practices to evaluate group member progress and provide case management through regular one-on-one meetings; ensure client confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA Privacy Regulations.
- Update client progress in database by recording accurate and timely case notes; maintains other program records and reports.
- Leads prayer and devotions with staff and clients, attends and may lead UGMTC sponsored spiritual enrichment activities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Christian theology, counseling, psychology, social work or related field
- 2 years of experience as a Christian Pastor, Chaplain, or spiritual Leader in an established ministry or a congregation
- Licensed/Ordained minister including ecclesiastical endorsement where required
- Case management and pastoral counseling experience
- Experience working with people experiencing mental health issues, homelessness, poverty or addiction
- Working knowledge of 12 step program preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Support UGMTC’s statement of Christian faith and has desire to share that faith, prayer and knowledge with staff, volunteers and clients.
- Understands biblical concepts and principles; able to transfer these concepts and principles through teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
- Ability to perform sacerdotal functions, baptism, and conduct worship services
- Conflict prevention, de-escalation and resolution skills
- Leadership, organization, planning and administrative skills
- Decision-making and ability to analyze information to define and solve problems.
- Good judgment, self-control and professional boundaries
- Proficient in the operation of Microsoft Office software, and other business related software applications.
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety and other specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of issues impacting people experiencing homelessness, underserved or at risk communities and the communication skills needed to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a culturally diverse community.
- Work is performed in an emergency shelter / transitional housing environment
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds on occasion
- Work requires reading, pushing, pulling, reaching, crouching, stooping, walking, twisting, carrying, and other physical activities
For more information or to apply visit our website www.ugmtc.org/careers