Birmingham, AL USA
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Personally ministers to and oversees the ministry to our covenant students, directs and oversees the Briarwood Youth Group (BYG) staff and develops a plan for working through volunteers and partnering with parents for the effective ministry to our high school students. This includes oversight and planning for Sunday School; youth group activities; small groups; outreach; recruiting and leading student, volunteer, and parent’s leadership teams; and coordination with the Senior high choir and praise teams.
II. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE – College graduate; seminary degree or in the process of pursuing a degree; ordained in the PCA or willingness to be ordained; previous experience working with youth
KNOWLEDGE – Understanding of Biblical and reformed theology; knowledge of ministry to junior and senior high school students; well informed about the current youth culture and issues; an understanding of management principles for staff and ministries; financial principles for budgeting.
SKILLS – Strong leader; relational; gifted teacher and communicator to youth; management; computer; ability to develop and implement a strategic plan and ministry.
III. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Facilitates and/or personally ministers to and pastors our Senior High school students and provides oversight for the effective ministry to our students. This includes shepherding, discipling, counseling, and leadership development.
2. Responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing a complete ministry to our Senior High students including programming, discipleship, ministry opportunities, retreats, evangelism and outreach and leadership development. This also includes planning, budgeting, and setting goals and objectives for our BYG ministry.
3. Develops quarterly plans for Sunday School, Wednesday night meetings, and Small Group Bible Studies, which includes teaching the class himself, assigning staff to teach, and selecting other teachers.
4. Recruits, trains, and evaluates the staff with the Pastor of Families and works with and through them in developing & implementing a complete ministry to our Senior High students.
5. Develops and oversees a continual plan for recruiting, training, and leading student, volunteer and parent’s leadership teams to reach and minister to our students.
6. Performs and delegates administrative duties for all aspects of BYG to ensure such duties are handled in an effective and efficient manner.
7. Meets regularly with the Pastor of Families to keep him informed, to discuss upcoming plans and to evaluate the direction and effectiveness of the ministry and staff.
If you are interested, contact the Briarwood Student Ministry office at 205-776-5269 or send resumes to [email protected]