Hattiesburg, MS United States
We are searching for the right candidate to fill our Rancho Ebenezer (RE) Teacher position located near Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
The primary duties of the RE Teacher include but are not limited to: to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
The major responsibilities are to: create active learning experiences, develop lesson plans, prepare the classroom on a regular basis for learning, use a variety of learning methods and materials including various technology applications, provide observations and feedback to students, responsible for teaching, monitoring and grading students on their performance and development.
The teacher will also manage and maintain student behavior and discipline as needed according to Ranch policies, perform certain pastoral duties to support students, provide and engage in extra-curricular activities such as social, sporting and student organizations and attend required meetings and continually improve teaching skills through various methods.
- Fundraising position for full time missionary role to serve for a 2-4 year time commitment or longer.
- Serve and support the Honduran staff and other US missionaries in whatever capacity is needed above and beyond the position requirements.
- Humility, flexibility, being a team player and not having a personal agenda are key to having an effective ministry. As North Americans, we are serving those in the host country and must endeavor to develop a sensitivity to and an understanding of the culture in which we are living and working.
- Be comfortable with a flexible work schedule as needed.
- This person needs to thoroughly understand the vision and core values of WGO (Excellence with Integrity, Authentic Christ-Centered Community, Strategic Discipleship, and Empowering Not Enabling) and be able to cast that vision to the children, peers, and visiting teams.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education from an accredited institution for Pre-K, K and HS grade levels required. For grades 1-6, a degree in education or early childhood education is required.
- Experience teaching in a Christian school setting is preferred.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district or state.
- Single subject teaching credential or certification if teaching a specialized subject.
- State certification with relevant teaching experience required.
- Functionally bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Experience in trauma, at-risk behaviors,etc. are preferred.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Good leadership skills.
- Successful and effective training capacity.
- Promote teamwork and accountability.
- Great interpersonal and relationship skills with North Americans and Hondurans.
- Ability to provide clear and concise written and verbal communication to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan ahead and make decisions as needed.
- Have or develop a broad understanding of the area in which you live and develop and utilize knowledge of Honduran culture.
- Microsoft computer experience preferred with knowledge of relevant technology required.
World Gospel Outreach is a Christian organization and therefore necessary that missionary employees, staff and missionary volunteers possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Missionary employees and volunteers are encouraged to participate in staff events including prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All World Gospel Outreach (WGO) missionary employees, staff and missionary volunteers must unreservedly:
1. Be a current active member of a Bible believing church that aligns doctrinally with World Gospel Outreach, Inc.
2. Be able to fully support World Gospel Outreach’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith and ministry philosophy. Beliefs — World Gospel Outreach (wgoreach.org)
3. Be willing and able to follow all policies and procedures set forth in World Gospel Outreach’s Policy & Procedure Manual and Missionary Orientation Guide.
Join our ministry in this rewarding missionary role. Use this address to express interest:
World Gospel Outreach (wgoreach.org)