Santa Fe, New Mexico
Description: The teaching pastor serves as one of the elders of City of Faith, as well as the primary teacher and preacher for weekly worship services. Together with the elders in equal authority, he serves alongside the pastoral staff, deacon team, and ministry leaders. With the elders, he determines the vision, development, organization, and administration of the ministries of the church and the oversight and shepherding of the flock.
1. Primary teacher/preacher for Sunday worship services. As such, he is responsible to spend much time in prayer, meditation upon and study of the word. He is a key member in developing a plan for each worship service.
2. Serves as an equal partner with the elders of City of Faith to lead, guide, and care for the flock. As a member of the elder team, he will work closely with the other team members to develop, communicate, and implement the vision for City of Faith.
3. Trains up other leaders, deacons, pastors, and missionaries.
4. Oversee and give vision to various ministries including to the missions team, while creating a culture of missions within the church. Be involved in and build bridges to the local community and local pastors for the advancement of the gospel.
To be considered a candidate, applicant must submit:
1. Resume and cover letter;
2. A description of testimony of salvation and call to the ministry of the Word;
3. Three expository sermons;
4. Three references that can testify to character and pastoral ability.
Applications are to be submitted to Mike Tapia at [email protected]