Montgomery, TX United States
Primary Focus – Overseeing Worship
o Overseeing 9am Service:
– planning order of service, song selection, and liturgical elements
– maintaining, recruiting, and scheduling 9am worship volunteers (musicians, scripture readers, vocalists, etc)
– leading practice for 9am worship team
– providing music for instruments as needed
– oversee and coordinate with choir director
– work with kids ministry to initiate an acolyte program
– develop and implement altar guild
o Oversee 10:30am service & coordinate with band. Please note we currently have a 10:30 worship leader.
o Help plan and execute special services.
o Use music ministry budget for regularly upgrading tech and for volunteer enrichment.
o Incorporate and plan services according to liturgical and secular calendars.
o Offer support and counsel for sermon series, liturgical elements, spiritual disciplines and other items relevant to the worship life of the Church.
o Oversee worship environment needs (altar/stage décor, lighting, etc).
o Work with usher/greeter/first impressions team to fulfill needs of services.
o Shepherd and care for the needs of the congregation.
(To be decided based on skills/giftings/interests of the candidate)
Possible areas include:
– pastoral care & counseling
– digital ministry (photography/videography/social media/website/graphic design)
– outreach & missions
– small groups & discipleship
Qualifications & Expectations
Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Godly character, integrity, fruit of the Spirit.
– Passion and ability to share the gospel.
– Biblical, liturgical, and theological (doctrinal/creedal) knowledge especially in the field of worship.
– Proficient technical musical knowledge & ability.*
– Competent computer knowledge (Planning Center, Microsoft Office, etc).
– Bachelor’s Degree or greater in music or a relevant field.
– Prior experience leading traditional & modern worship styles.
– Pass a background check.
*Ability to play the piano, to accompany or rehearse, ability to transpose and insert modulations, ability to write new parts for various instruments (for example, violin and french horn) from existing sheet music or from a recording, ability to lead worship while singing and playing an instrument (for example, piano, guitar, or some related worship instrument), ability to rehearse volunteer instrumental musicians and singers in a positive, encouraging manner, knowledge of traditional and contemporary church music.
– Interdenominational knowledge & ecumenical heart.
– Administrative & organizational giftings.
– Proficient computer & tech knowledge (graphic design, website editing, etc).
– Denominational ordination or licensing.
– Appreciation for Patristic Theology.
The final candidate will be asked to accomplish several tasks:
– Write a modulation for piano, connecting two hymns of our choosing.
– Write a piano and French horn part for a choir anthem of our choosing.
– Help with the composition of choir vocal parts using a song of our choosing.
– For all of the above, using an application like Finale is acceptable.
– Lead a worship team that includes a choir and other instrumentalists during rehearsal and our Sunday morning services.
Special working conditions include irregular hours occasionally extending beyond 50 hours per week (especially during Holy Week and other peak times), some evening, early morning, and weekend work typical.
Regular office hours
We encourage non-remote work due to a high value on teamwork, accessibility, fellowship, and incarnational ministry. Pastors will often naturally work from home as they read scripture, pray, prepare for messages, respond to texts, and take phone calls so we recognize that some work will naturally be done remotely.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment and requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must have the ability to lift and carry packages and other items (50lbs), to walk, climb stairs/ladders and perform physical tasks.
Worship Arts Pastor Salary & Benefits
$48,000 – $58,000 a year depending on experience.
Beginning at two weeks’ vacation (negotiable).
Email [email protected] with your:
o resume (include photo)
o cover letter
o 3 references
o link to a video recording of leading worship