Job Title: Worship Leader
Church: The Church at Odessa
Location: Odessa, FL
Denomination: Southern Baptist
Church size: 300-500
Job Type: Full or Part-time
Reports to: Senior Pastor
About The Church at Odessa (TCO)
If you’re serious about the Word of God then you’re going to love being a part of the team at TCO! We’re fervent about leading our people to a passion for loving God and to glorify God by helping everyone we reach to know the one true God, and Jesus Christ whom He sent.
We are seeking a theologically sound, gifted and experienced worship leader to join us in accomplishing our mission of glorifying God in worship, knowing God through disciple making, and sharing God through evangelism.
Our church is a loving, diverse and growing body of believers located in beautiful, warm and sunny Odessa, FL, which is in the Tampa area. We have about 300-350 attend each week at present, and two full-time pastors, one intern and one administrator on staff.
Summary of Position
The Worship Leader is responsible for conducting God-glorifying, theologically sound worship every week. He must recruit, train, attract and develop the worship team while shepherding them in the Word in preparation for the service. If full-time, the Worship Leader must be willing and able to assist in other church operations where needed, especially overseeing visitor engagement, along with some IT, website and other responsibilities.
At TCO we enjoy a blend of worship music through a variety of genres. The boundary we place on our worship is theological soundness, not a specific genre or style. The Worship Leader should be more focused on the process of properly leading our people to right worship over their performance.
• Prepare, organize, manage and lead volunteer worship team in weekly worship
• Lead weekly rehearsals in preparation for one service on Sunday
• Lead occasional special services and/or additional services (i.e. Christmas, Good Friday)
• Shepherd and disciple worship team
• Recruit, train, attract and musically develop worship team
• (If full-time) Oversee visitor integration (visitor on-ramp class and individual follow up)
• (If full-time) Assist with church IT, website and social media
• (If full-time) Assist with other church operations as needed
• (If full-time) Potentially lead worship at AWANA or other youth events once or twice a month
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
• Doctrinally sound with a solid grasp of how Scripture informs worship
• Not a new convert, but mature in their walk with the Lord
• Able to affirm TCO’s statement of faith and constitution
• Strong interpersonal skills a must
• Able to collaborate with others of diverse backgrounds and experience
• Must possess management skills and have an excellent organizational ability
Musical & Technical Qualifications
• Skilled instrumentalist and vocalist (formalized training/study preferred)
• Must be able to lead music in at least one instrument and lead vocals regularly or occasionally
• Must possess a knowledge of music structure, be able to read music, etc.
• Competence in tech associated with music (sound boards, connections, etc.)
• Competence with ProPresenter and Planning Center tools preferred
• Able to work with musicians of all levels and teach/develop others musically
• Ability to add creative elements (staging, lighting, etc.) is preferred
• Audio/Visual technical skills preferred • Must possess computer skills and feel at ease with IOS, PC, and Microsoft Office software
• (If full-time) Able to assist with management of website
• (If full-time) Able to assist with management of social media
• (If full-time) Able to assist with church IT needs
Hours & Expectations
This role is designed in such a way that it could be part-time (20-25 hours/week) or full time (40+ hours/week) If part-time the expectation is to focus on the worship service and worship team development. If full-time, it’s expected that the additional duties outlined above would also be met.
• Minimum of a 4-year college degree (music degree preferred)
• Minimum of 2 years professional church experience leading music (more preferred)
Compensation is based on candidate qualifications and experience.
Please apply via our Indeed job ad here: https://www.indeed.com/job/worship-leader-5f4145cad926d0d6 and indicate in your cover letter that you found us through BCSMN.