Young, energetic, and grounded leader who will help disciple our youth into a deeper walk with Christ. Working with our Youth Group, their families and other youth in our community as opportunities arise.
Ministry Status – 15 hours per week
Accountable to Senior Pastor or his designee
Annual Review by Sr. Pastor
• Disciple youth in their walk with Christ
• Lead weekly Wednesday Youth Group meetings
• Lead Youth Sunday School meetings before weekly Sunday service
• Oversee Youth Ministry – including teaching, training volunteers, scheduling, screening, and preparing
• Effectively communicate meeting and activity details with students and parents
• Lead various activities, outreach events, and retreats
• Recruit and help youth to participate in Big Sandy Camp summer camps and winter retreats
• Participate in weekly staff meetings
• Monthly review of Youth Group with Sr. Pastor or his designee
• Meet two times a year with volunteer team for development, encouragement, and assessment of the ministry
• At least 80% of candidates time will be in the area of working with youth and 20%, or less, on projects directed by the Senior Pastor – only as needed
• Preferably 1+ years of youth leadership experience (including volunteering)
• High integrity, purity, and joy in the Lord
• Theological alignment with River of Life Church and the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination
• Self-starter, mature, and organized
The Youth Leader will be paid at an annual rate of $13,200 ($1,100 monthly) for an average of 15 hours of work per week. This is an ongoing year-round position.
Pastor Carter MacFarlane
Please submit cover letter, resume, and phone numbers for 3 references. References will not be contacted until after first interview.