Emery, South Dakota
If you have a desire to lead students to a meaningful relationship with Christ and live that in front of them encouraging them to follow the same path, please contact us.
Primary duties include organizing and teaching at weekly youth meetings and bi-monthly Junior High meetings. Plan and lead service projects, mission trips, and area outreach events for both age groups. Developing meaningful relationships with youth, volunteers and parents.
First Baptist is a committed church with 150 to 180 people in attendance each week. Our youth ministry is made up of students from our church and youth from the surrounding communities. There are 30 to 40 students in attendance on Wednesday nights meeting in our new youth facility.
You can learn more about our church and the position at www.fbcemery.org .
If you are interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ministry position in the subject line. Please include in your cover letter a summary of your walk with Christ and your philosophy of youth ministry.
Work closely with the Senior Pastor and other leaders to help the congregation seek and follow God’s direction for the church with special emphasis in the following areas of responsibility:
Youth (Primary Responsibility)
• Provide engaging Biblical teaching to the Junior High and High School youth to win the lost, establish their faith and strengthen their stand for Christ in their everyday lives.
• Work with existing and recruit new volunteers, and train, encourage, and direct those volunteers to serve in all areas of youth ministry.
• Develop caring relationships with participating youth and their parents through meaningful communication, counseling, and community involvement.
• Reach out personally to non-participating youth and teach participating youth to do the same.
• Plan and lead youth meetings, area outreach events, service projects, and mission trips.
• Communicate clearly and consistently with youth, parents, adult volunteers, Senior Pastor, and Deacon Board, regarding youth activities and the purpose of those activities.
• Agree with and agree to teach The North American Baptist statement of faith as found on www.nabconference.org
• To work with the Senior Pastor to establish a focused and meaningful Sunday Morning worship service.
• To participate in the preaching ministry as agreed upon by the Senior Pastor and Deacon Board.
• To provide leadership and direction to the ministry of Christian Education and work closely with the C.E. Board chair.
• To meet with and give advice to the C.E. Board.
• To mentor Jr. and Sr. High School students in the area of discipleship.
• Teach the High School Sunday School class on Sunday Mornings.
• Serve as Camp Promoter – Advertising camp, and organizing registrations and transportation to and from camp.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Maintain yearly contact with students who have recently graduated.
• Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor.
• Attend monthly Deacon Board meetings and report youth activity.
40-50 hours per week
Annual Salary To be Determined
Mileage Reimbursed up to 500 miles per month at the state rate
More information can be found at www.fbcemery.org
If interested, please contact: John Gilliland
Email resume and biographical information to [email protected]