Salt Lake City, UT United States
Overview of Church:
We aspire to be a gospel-centered community that finds its joy in Jesus. We seek to do this through intentional discipleship and by pursuing gospel-centered growth, living, and mission. We are affiliated with the EFCA (find the SOF here) and hold to a reformed- baptist perspective. We also participate in the 9Marks and Gospel Coalition networks.
We are an intergenerational church with ~100 members, ~200 regular attenders, and a growing core of younger families. Our youth ministry has a pool of 20-25 students total (6-12th grade). Our church is located in the heart of the rapidly growing and increasingly diverse Salt Lake valley, nestled against the Wasatch Mountains and within minutes of world-class winter and summer recreation.
Overview of Position:
– Full-time position w/ benefits
– Personally lead youth ministry
– Equip members of the church for the work of ministry and service to the body in these ministries
– Work alongside a staff team in the day-to-day life and ministry of the church
– Primary focus on youth, with secondary time spent on other ministry duties
– Heart and desire to minister to youth and families, some previous youth experience preferred
– Completion of bachelor’s degree preferred
– Love for God, the Bible, theology and the local church
– Willingness/ability to help shape ministry vision and receive feedback from leadership and other involved members of the church
YOUTH MINISTRY DETAILS
Philosophy of Youth: The primary aim of youth ministry in the local church is to grow young believers into mature Christian men and women who find their joy in Jesus. This is best achieved through a model of ministry that seeks to do at least three things: to integrate youth ministry into the larger life and worship of the local church; to equip parents to be the primary disciplers in their children’s lives; and to come alongside the ministry of parenting by providing supplementary youth-centric events, teachings, and fellowship. Therefore, a youth minister should first be passionate about and dedicated to the health of the local church. Secondly, he should not only be gifted in ministering to youth, but have a heart for ministering to Christian parents, helping them raise children to the glory of God.
– Attend to the spiritual maturity of youth by teaching, equipping and planning community-building events
– Facilitate weekly Sunday School and evening meetings
– Plan annual retreats, trips, and special events
– Connect with youth and families throughout the week
– Regularly strategize with pastoral staff so as to ensure a ministry vision that coincides with the vision of the church
– Assemble and train youth volunteers
– Willingness to accept other church-related duties as needed
Leadership of, or participation in, additional areas of ministry as needed and as gifted, such as:
– Work with pastoral staff in coordinating the overall structure/flow of worship services (song selection, tone/mood, integration of prayer/sharing, etc.)
– Participate in, or lead, Sunday morning worship team through singing or playing an instrument
– Assist with sound mixing, audio/visual presentation, or other details of live, in-person worship service and streaming
– Assist with church member communications, such as email, website, and social media
Please submit 1) resume and 2) cover letter with brief bio to [email protected] Everything submitted will be automatically received by our search committee directly. You should receive confirmation of receipt within 3 days. If not, please call/email our church office to confirm that it has been received.
This job posting and relevant information is also made available at this webpage: https://www.slcevfree.org/employment-opportunities