Youth Pastor / Assistant to the Pastor
• Job Type: Full-Time Position
• Total Pay Package Range: $30,000-$40,000
• Main Ministries: High School and Middle School Youth Group
• Oversight over Children’s Ministries and assist Senior Pastor where needed
• Reports to Senior Pastor with Deacon oversight, but part of a ministry team with Pastor and Office Manager
The Youth Pastor / Assistant to the Pastor at Bloomer Baptist Church is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. He should have a passion for all ages of children, but especially High School and Middle School students. He must be able to thrive in a team environment. He should have a strong commitment to knowing God through His Word and to helping young people in their understanding of God. He will be purposed in being very active in student’s lives. The main purpose for this position is Youth Ministry, but this individual should also be capable and expecting to assist the Senior Pastor as needed as well.
Bloomer Baptist Church is a conservative, rural, family church, averaging 150-200 regular Sunday Service attendees. We are joined by Christian love with a strong desire to reach our families, friends, and community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our mission is “To Know Christ and Make Him Known.” We are solidly committed to strong Biblical preaching and teaching. Additionally, our strong ministry emphasis includes youth and children’s programs, missions support, and providing opportunities to introduce our local community to Jesus and to our fellowship. We are evangelical, and our core theological perspectives, doctrines, and policies are Baptist. We are associated with CBAmerica (formerly Conservative Baptist Association of America). Please visit our website at www.bloomerbaptistchurch.com
• Provide teaching and oversight for weekly Middle School and High School Sunday School classes, Youth Group, and teen Bible Studies or small groups
• Plan and execute monthly and yearly activities for Middle School and High School Ministries such as, but not limited to mission trips, summer and winter retreats, conferences, outreach events, etc.
• Mentor youth through a discipleship training course
• Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills and develop a youth leadership team
• Recruit and train volunteers as needed to work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios, especially for trips or activities
• Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch with students, attendance at extracurricular activities and sporting events, visitations, counsel, times of crisis, etc.)
• Develop, approve, and run a Youth Ministry calendar for both a plan of teaching and for activities
• Help mentor and nurture students to have better relationships with family, friends, and the community in general
• To pray for the students regularly
• Provide oversight or support for children’s ministries such as Christian Education (Nursery – Elementary School), Coached by Christ (CBC) elementary aged ministry, Vacation Bible School, summer camp promotion and registration
• As an Assistant Pastor, establish strong relationships within the church body as a whole
• Assist Senior Pastor with general church or community needs on an as needed basis in such areas as: preaching, teaching, visitation, discipleship, counseling, baptisms, communion service, marriages, funerals, etc.
• Assist Pastor and Deacon Board with vision for yearly outreach and church activities
• Attend Sunday Worship Services and help to make sure everything runs smoothly. If a need arises fill the need either by yourself or by finding and training a volunteer. If married, wife and family are also expected to have regular attendance
• Attend monthly Deacon and Youth Leader meetings
• Assist with building and grounds needs as needed to assist Senior Pastor and Deacons
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Demonstrates a history of spiritual maturity and leadership
• Meets the Biblical qualifications for a Pastor as described in I Timothy 3, Titus 1 and I Peter 5
• Maintains Godly character before the congregation, within the church staff, and at home
• Loves and enjoys people, exhibiting a shepherd’s heart towards individuals and the congregation
• Loves to see people trust Christ as Savior and grow as disciples
• Trustworthiness with confidential personal information
• Embraces our mission “To Know Christ and Make Him Known”
• Agrees with Our Church Constitution, beliefs, and policies as well as CBAmerica beliefs
• Bachelor’s Degree in ministry preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational and administrative skills in the office
• Creativity and adaptability to keep our ministry culturally relevant, as well as sensitivity towards church traditions
• Preferably technology skills to occasionally assist with videos, computer needs, website, networking, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Pay and Benefits:
• Pay and benefits based off experience, education, and needs, to be discussed further through the interview process
• Total pay package, with approval from Pastor and Deacon Board, may be broke down to include things such as salary, housing, and retirement, etc.
• Package will also include a pastoral expense line
*Note: This document to work alongside any additional church documents such as, but not limited to, the church constitution and policies and practices manual.
Email [email protected]