- We are seeking a full-time Youth & Young Adult pastor to lead our student ministry. The primary role of the position is to teach, model, and counsel our youth and young adults through the word of God.
- Mount of Olives is located in Duluth, MN, approximately 2 hours north east of Minneapolis. We are a Reformed Baptist church loosely associated with the Converge conference. We average 200-250 in attendance with many young families and children. The church is governed by a plurality of Elders. Two of these Elders serve as full-time pastoral staff.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- In 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 we see the biblical requirements for Eldership. Our Youth Director will not serve as an Elder, nevertheless, we believe these verses apply to anyone charged with helping to shepherd this flock. This includes Paul’s emphasis concerning the ability to teach.
- We are seeking a man with a Bible college or Seminary degree. They would also need to agree with our Statement of Faith (found online at our website, http://www.mountofolives.net).
- Is responsible for teaching Sunday morning and Wednesday nights. He may also have the opportunity to preach on occasion.
- Is responsible for recruiting, training, and overseeing adult volunteers who assist with teaching the youth and young adults.
- Model — the Youth Pastor is expected to model the Christian life he teaches through:
- His regular reading of God’s word.
- His discipline in prayer.
- The leadership and shepherding he provides in his own home.
- His willingness to support the church financially.
- Counsel — the Youth Pastor is responsible to offer counseling, in measure with his biblical competence, to youth and adults alike who seek his assistance.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, churchwide member’s meetings, and other meetings directly associated with his ministry.
- Design, implement, and oversee a budget for both the youth and young adults.
- Is responsible for designing and implementing the activities and events the youth and young adults participate in throughout the year.
- Function well as a team member with the other staff.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit your resume to: [email protected]