Associate Professor of Preaching
Dr. Meyer brings to Bethlehem College & Seminary a wide range of teaching, writing, preaching, missions, and pastoral experience. He has a passion to proclaim the whole counsel of God in both the church and the academy for the glory of God. He longs to see the nations worship God, who alone is worthy of worship. The mission statement of Bethlehem is the mission statement of His life: to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples.
Meyer has authored a book on the difference in Paul between the old covenant and the new covenant, entitled The End of the Law: Mosaic Covenant in Pauline Theology (B & H Academic, 2009), contributed the chapter on the prison epistles in The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament (B & H Academic, 2009), and has written a biblical and practical theology of preaching (Crossway, 2013).
Prior to coming to Bethlehem, Meyer was the Dean of Chapel and Assistant Professor of New Testament and Greek at Louisiana College in Pineville, LA from 2006-2009. Meyer also taught New Testament for the Spring 2010 semester at the Evangelical Theological College in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Before this, he served as the pastor of Orville Baptist Church while completing his Ph.D. in New Testament under Thomas R. Schreiner at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY.
Teaching at the Bethlehem College & Seminary is like a homecoming to the Meyers, who studied at Bethlehem from 1999–2001 as part of The Bethlehem Institute. In addition to teaching at Bethlehem College & Seminary, Dr. Meyer serves as Pastor for Preaching and Vision, Downtown at Bethlehem Baptist Church.
Jason and his wife, Cara, have been married since 1999, which have been the best years of their lives. God has blessed them with two daughters, Gracie and Allie, and two boys, Jonathan and David, adopted from Ethiopia. As a family, the Meyers enjoy camping, hiking, fishing, sports, and music.
- B.S., Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- M.Div., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Ph.D., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- The End of the Law: Mosaic Covenant in Pauline Theology. New American Studies in Bible and Theology, volume 6. Nashville: B & H Academic, 2009.
- “The Prison Epistles: Philippians, Ephesians, Colossians, and Philemon’.” In The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament, edited by Andreas J. Köstenberger, L. Scott Kellum, and Charles L. Quarles. Nashville: B & H Academic, 2009.
- With Jason S. DeRouchie, “Christ or Family as the ‘Seed’ of Promise? An Evaluation of N. T. Wright on Galatians 3:16,” Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 14.3 (2010): 36-48.
- “Another Middle Way that Doesn’t Exist: A Review Article of Jim and Sarah Sumner, Just How Married Do You Want to Be? Practicing Oneness in Marriage,” Journal of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (2011): 51-57.
- “Philippians.” In Lexham Bible Dictionary. Logos Research Systems, 2012.
- Preaching: A Biblical Theology. Crossway, 2013.
- 2013 Bethlehem College & Seminary Commencement Ceremony. May 17, 2013. Online.
- “Give Me Life According to Your Word.” Bethlehem College & Seminary Chapel Message. October 6, 2011. Online.
- “Love.” Bethlehem College & Seminary Chapel Message. January 27, 2011. Online.
- “The God Who Declares the Guilty Just.” Bethlehem College & Seminary Chapel Message. November 4, 2010. Online.