The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all contentment in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 9 As it is written, “He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever” (2 Corinthians 9:6-9).
Last Thursday the Bethlehem College & Seminary board met for six hours to hear reports on institutional progress, to set policy, and to pray for enabling grace. It is a “good work,” and we ask for grace to abound in it.
- The president reports that God’s kindness to us is being further confirmed through the accreditation process which is on target and ahead of schedule. In a future report to you, Dr. Tomlinson will describe the strong affirmations we are receiving from inspectors who have flown in from around the country.
- The dean, Tom Steller, fresh off of hip replacement surgery, reports vigorous life in the student body of just under 200 students, and the completion of a formal review of the Master of Divinity program.
- The treasurer’s report set the stage for nearly two hours of discussion on how to carry out our fiduciary responsibilities. Please help us identify parties with enthusiasm for church-based theological education including exegetical rigor that requires students to account for each and every word in the Bible. Financial support follows vision.
- The board revisited and clarified what it means to be “church-based.”
- The board underscored the importance of expressing and maintaining a biblical posture and policies on homosexuality and modern day transgender issues.
These and other issues kept pressing us to depend upon God.
What have you asked God to do for Bethlehem College & Seminary? And what has God asked you to do?
Chairman of the Board
Please pray …
- for the board, as we strive to serve Bethlehem College & Seminary through in a rapidly changing environment.
- for a greater unity and comity between Bethlehem Baptist Church and Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- for provision from the Lord to meet the needs of Bethlehem College & Seminary. We are constantly amazed by what the Lord has done through the generosity of those partnering with us in ministry; we pray for continued grace as we finish the year.