Hanover, New Hampshire US
Christ Redeemer Church
Christ Redeemer Church is a 20-year-old congregation of about 400 people, located in Hanover, NH, right at the doorstep of the Ivy League institutions of Dartmouth College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center – in the most unchurched area in the country. CRC’s vision is to be a church that is formed and driven by the gospel, and so, is missional, both in our local context – as seen in our resourcing, planting, and revitalizing work in places such as New London and Quechee – but also in our global outreach. Captivated by our biblical and Reformational heritage, we have found that the gospel of Jesus Christ is always bigger, deeper and more counter-intuitive than we tend to think—and so way more transformational (Rm 1:16). The gospel is not only our message, but also our method. When this gospel is faithfully proclaimed, we believe that the chief fruit is the establishment and nurture of a gracious, holy and loving community (i.e. the church, see Mt 5:14-16, Jn 13:34-35, Eph 2-5 & 1 Jn 3:23) that, as a community, is a witness to the watching world (Jn 17:20-21).
SUMMARY: The Assistant Pastor is a general pastoral role which, based upon the gifting of the applicant, will serve in the shepherding, care and leadership of CRC as well as participate in preaching/teaching.
WORK WEEK: This is a full-time paid position. Reports to Executive Pastor under the direction and care of Lead Pastor and Elder board.
SPIRITUAL REQUIREMENTS: Provides visionary leadership in areas of ministry, equips people for ministry, and exhibits the characteristics of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
• Maintain a positive attitude about yourself, your areas of responsibilities, and the staff.
• Work cooperatively and cheerfully maintaining a good rapport with all staff, volunteers, church members, and outside professionals.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Be congenial, professional, business-like in all personal contacts with others.
• Be sensitive to the needs of others.
• Exercise good time management.
• Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits, and quality of work performed.
• Maintain a teachable attitude and team spirit, especially with the broader network of churches.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Leadership & supervisory ability with staff and volunteers
• Recruiting, building and developing teams
• Positive interpersonal and influence skills
• An understanding of how technology can be used in ministry
• Preaching and teaching skills, as well as public and interpersonal communication skills
• Planning, Prioritizing & Goal Setting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support (own and cooperate with) the vision and direction of the Lead Pastor through the direction of the Executive Pastor, under the oversight of the elder board.
• Implement CRC’s vision and develop a strategy to disciple people of all ages as a growing, multi-generational church.
• Ability to plan, organize and direct ministries of a growing church.
• Lead, coach and manage ministry teams.
• Able to deal effectively and tactfully with church personnel, church members and community.
• Able to provide leader supervision and guidance for the planning, coordinating and evaluating of education and discipleship ministries.
• Minister to congregation to grow in their faith in the good news of Jesus Christ.
• Encourage and equip congregation to provide leadership and mentoring for students and support families as they raise their children in the faith.
• Able to plan, organize, and implement special events.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
SHARED CRC NETWORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with growing network of churches that are supporting the work of planting, revitalization, and resourcing in New England and beyond.
• Regular participation in staff trainings, meetings, and development.
• Occasional pulpit supply at CRC and its campuses, along with other local congregations.
• Partner in the work of individual support raising for the CRC network.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• College/University degree
• Master’s level theological training
• Salary – depends upon Housing (which may be available) and experience
• Health, Dental, Life and Retirement Benefits