The Associate Pastor assists the other pastors/elders with shepherding and provides leadership to the music ministry of Soldotna Bible Chapel.
• Oversee and participate in ministries intended to help adults grow as faithful followers of Jesus Christ and equip the body for effective ministry.
• Oversee adult Sunday school classes, selecting curriculum and coordinating teachers, and participating in teaching opportunities when able.
• Depending on giftedness, occasional opportunities to fill the pulpit may arise.
• Plan worship services in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and lead the congregation in songs suited to congregational singing and rich in biblical truth from a variety of styles (traditional and contemporary).
• Oversee musicians as well as those involved in sound, lighting, projection, video, and special music.
• Perform administrative tasks relevant to the ministry.
• Serve in other ways that will help our small staff serve our church family, depending on giftedness (e.g., biblical counseling, leading small groups or other avenues of discipleship) and experience, or as directed by the Senior Pastor.
1. Meet the qualifications outlined in 1 Tim 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
2. Agree with the Soldotna Bible Chapel Statement of Faith.
3. Be committed to servant-leadership among a team of elders.
4. Communicate well with other staff and volunteers about status, needs, issues, and desires related to his ministries.
5. Have ability to become proficient in church audio/visual technology and software.
Although proficiency in a particular instrument is not required, the extent of an applicant’s musical experience is a significant consideration. Experience in ministry is preferred. This is a full-time position. The Associate Pastor is accountable to the council of elders and will report to the Senior Pastor.
About Soldotna Bible Chapel
Soldotna Bible Chapel is an independent, evangelical Bible church founded in 1964. We are a nondenominational congregation, self-governing, under the headship of Christ and the authority of the Word of God, and are known for expository preaching, teen and children’s ministry, robust fellowship and a zeal for missions. Soldotna Bible Chapel’s multigenerational congregation enjoys worship through hymns and newer songs. The focus in our services is on exalting God, not on creating an emotional experience (although emotion is good when it is a response to songs that are theologically profound and musically beautiful). We are committed to the sufficiency of Scripture, and practice Biblical counseling. Our attendance averages around 400, and we operate debt-free. Our mission statement reads:
“Being committed to God’s inspired and authoritative Word, it is the mission of Soldotna Bible Chapel to exalt God in spirit and in truth, to edify and encourage one another to personal holiness, and to evangelize a lost world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
About our Area
• Soldotna lies 150 miles (by road) southwest of Anchorage with a population of approximately 4,500 people (35,000 people live within a 30-mile radius).
• Opportunities for outdoor activities abound and include fishing (the Kenai river is world-renowned for salmon fishing), hunting, hiking, skiing, golfing, snow-machining, four-wheeling, and more.
• By Alaskan standards, the climate is moderate. The hottest month is July with a 64° average high. January is the coldest month with a 7° average low. On the longest day we have 19 hours 3 minutes of daylight (although the sun sets, it doesn’t become completely dark). On the shortest day, we get 5 hours and 43 minutes of daylight.
• The Central Peninsula Hospital provides excellent health care with new facilities and state-of-the-art equipment.
• The local economy relies primarily on tourism, fishing, and the oil industry, with the local school district and hospital among the city’s largest employers.
• Soldotna has enjoyed a growing number of national chain stores in addition to many smaller local businesses that contribute to the small-town feel.
• Multiple public and private schools serve the Central Peninsula as well as an abundance of extensive and dedicated home-schooling programs.
To apply, please send a resume, your salvation testimony, the doctrinal statement you subscribe to, a description of your pastoral and musical experience and/or training, and links to audio/video of you teaching and/or leading music (along with any questions) to [email protected].