South Paris, ME USA
The Associate Pastor at South Paris Baptist Church will be a godly man who:
1) meets the biblical qualifications for eldership (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9);
2) earnestly adheres to the sufficiency of Scripture for godly living and effective ministry;
3) has received two-plus years of pastoral training (formal or nonformal training are both acceptable): a seminary degree is preferred but not required;
4) has three-plus years of pastoral experience in ministry to families, children, and/or youth;
5) is married to a woman who supports his call to ministry;
6) has had several years of parenting experience;
7) has a biblical vision for the church to be an intergenerational family in which believers of all ages are integrated together in worship, fellowship, and mission;
8) desires to be in a church that is centered on God’s Word and is accustomed to expositional preaching and theologically-driven leadership;
9) is a team player and enjoys co-laboring alongside others;
10) is a ‘joyful warrior’ in the midst of our decaying civilization.
The Associate Pastor works with the Pastor and Elders in order to shepherd the flock. In addition to some general pastoral responsibilities, the Associate Pastor’s ministry will focus specifically on families, children, and youth. The Associate Pastor will:
• equip fathers to lead their homes,
• equip parents to disciple their children,
• oversee our ministry to children, youth, and young adults;
• direct our Youth Ministry;
• work with the Pastor to cast a biblical vision of intergenerational faithfulness in the church and in our families.
The Associate Pastor is not expected to ‘do it all’, but will work effectively with and equip others in order to carry out the mission of the church. It is expected that the Associate Pastor will teach/disciple/equip others in various settings on a regular basis. In addition to his specific focus on families, children, and youth, the Associate Pastor will also have opportunity to share in general pastoral responsibilities, which include visitation, counseling, and occasional preaching. The Associate Pastor is considered one of the Elders and participates in our Elders Meetings.
1) Our desire is that the Associate Pastor eventually be a full-time position, but we are launching the position as a ¾ time position (30-34 hours/week). We understand that the position being ¾ time will most likely require the Associate Pastor to have supplemental income. Be assured that we will work with the Associate Pastor in view of his specific financial and vocational circumstances, in order to pursue a beneficial situation for him and his family. If our financial resources and your financial needs allow the position to be full-time at the time of hire, we will gladly do it!
2) The starting salary is $45k, plus: a health expenses stipend (if desired), book allowance, and a business expense reimbursement line;
3) We offer a flexible schedule, flexible work locations (church building, your own home office, local coffee shop, etc.), and paid vacation time;
4) We will reimburse you up to $2,500 in relocation expenses.
5) The Associate Pastor reports to the Pastor.
How to Apply:
Your time is valuable and so is ours, so let’s keep this simple, shall we? If you think you might be the right man for this position, email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and write “Associate Pastor Position” in the memo line. If your Cover Letter and Resume gain interest, we will send you an Associate Pastor Questionnaire in order to advance the conversation. To all potential applicants: may the Lord bless you richly!