Sioux Falls, South Dakota United State
In 2018 Faith Baptist Fellowship prayerfully sent a pastor and 70 adults and children to start a second location on the growing west side of Sioux Falls. Since launching, our west location has grown quickly. The leadership of Faith Baptist Fellowship has decided to transition the west location to an autonomous local church. To help with this transition and ensure the long-term health of this new and growing church, Faith Baptist Fellowship is seeking to hire an Associate Pastor of Discipleship to serve alongside the current full-time pastor of our west location.
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship is a full-time position (salary TBD, health benefits included), reporting to the current pastor and the elder council at our west location. His primary responsibilities will include developing, growing, and implementing Faith Baptist’s two-pronged discipleship strategy: intentional community building and providing structured educational opportunities for all ages and stages of life. The Associate Pastor of Discipleship will help build out and oversee our various discipleship ministry teams for these areas and provide them with pastoral support by identifying, discipling, and equipping lay leaders as needed.
1. Serve as the high-level architect of our discipleship ministries, maintaining a cohesive focus on the church’s vision, mission, 5 Loves, and 5 Commitments.
2. Give pastoral guidance and support to our growing small group ministry, working with volunteer leaders to build meaningful community as well as identify and equip new small group leaders to foster multiplication.
3. Assist in developing key leaders and volunteers in the areas of children, youth, and adult discipleship to develop, plan, and implement a comprehensive, biblical, education-based discipleship strategy
4. Give oversight and direction for men’s and women’s Bible study opportunities, providing helpful resources and direction to volunteer leaders as needed
5. Evaluate overall discipleship strategies with Senior Pastor looking for ways to improve effectiveness
6. Oversee and encourage any additional discipleship programs as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Elder Council
7. Perform additional pastoral responsibilities, including occasional preaching, weddings, funerals, care, and counseling as needed
8. Help to mentor ministry leaders and emerging leaders in the church
9. Participate in staff meetings and Elder Council meetings, and joyfully work with other staff and leadership for the health and benefit of the body of Christ
• A strong testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ, including a growing and tender-hearted walk with God
• Strong commitment to the Bible as the sole authoritative guide for faith and life
• Willing to become a member of Faith Baptist Fellowship, in agreement with our Covenant and Statement of Faith
• Meets biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership as defined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Gifted in administration, organization, and general use of technology/communication tools
• Exhibits a warmth and passion for people, strong leadership/communication skills, and a love/aptitude for teaching truth from God’s word
• A willingness to serve God, the body, leadership, and staff of Faith Baptist with an eye toward its growth in grace, unity, and kingdom impact, all for the glory of God
• Education and experience are flexible, with the following preferences:
▪ M.Div. or M.A. in Bible, theology, or ministry
▪ A college degree with some biblical/theological/ministry emphasis
▪ A minimum of five years experience in local church leadership
▪ A demonstrated interest and effectiveness in the careful handling of God’s word and the gospel
Interested applicants should send an email with an attached resume to [email protected] for further application instructions