Plainview, MN USA
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP – Trinity Evangelical Free Church, Plainview, MN
Develop and oversee the church-wide discipleship process with an emphasis on youth ministry.
Trinity Evangelical Free Church in Plainview, MN is seeking an Associate Pastor of Discipleship to oversee the disciple-making process with the aim of developing a church-wide culture of inter-generational and inter-ministry discipleship that results in multiplication through evangelism with an emphasis on youth ministry.
• Meets the qualifications of an elder as described in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3
• Has a strong grasp of Scripture with formal theological training, preferably Bible College or seminary or an equivalent experience and agrees with TEFC Statement of Faith
• Has a supreme love for God and sincere love for people: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart… and your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37-39)
• Has strong relational skills that are stewarded for gospel-centered influence: “Imparting to you not only the gospel of God but also our own lives” (1Thess 2:8)
• Leads with the Word of God, not one’s charisma: “Not with words of eloquent wisdom, but in a demonstration of the Spirit’s power” (1 Cor. 1:17)
• Leads with prayerful dependence on God: “Serving in the strength God supplies” (1 Peter 4:11)
• Leads with humble boldness: “Speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15)
• Leads with joy-motivated servanthood: “Working with you for your joy” (2 Cor 1:24; cf. Phil 2:3-5)
• Leads with a holy ambition to glorify Jesus Christ: “Not peddling the Word of God” (2 Cor. 2:17)
• Has or will receive training in conjunction with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors
• Strong work ethic that sees vocational ministry as a calling
• Able to manage oneself, initiating ministry independently, yet teachable and open to direction
• Oversee the development of intentional, church-wide discipleship pathways appropriate for personal growth, peer discipleship, family discipleship and collaboration of discipleship programs for each demographic
• Work with ministry leaders and ministry teams to develop and coordinate inter-generational and inter-ministry opportunities, including men’s ministry, women’s ministry, life groups, youth ministry, children’s ministries, etc.
• Lead the youth ministry team, providing weekly programming and discipleship and mentoring opportunities for teens along with youth outreach events including national and international mission trips, and discipleship retreats and conferences
• Take a personal interest in the lives of youth and their families outside of church programming, developing relationships for the sake of wholistic discipleship
• Lead the Christian Education Team (Awana, Sunday School, Children’s Church, VBS, Nursery) to coordinate ministry efforts and develop discipleship pathways for children
• Collaborate with the senior pastor in providing shepherding for biblical counseling ministries
• Preach 6-12 times per year and assist with general pastoral responsibilities as necessary
To learn more about our church and community, visit www.trinityefree.com and www.plainviewmn.com.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and philosophy of ministry to:
Pastor Tyrone Spenst
Trinity Evangelical Free Church
P.O. Box 505
Plainview, MN 55964