Hurley, Wisconsin United States
RCBC Lead Pastor Profile
The Lead Pastor of Range Community Bible Church will be:
• A pastor-teacher, excelling both as an expositor of God’s Word and as a shepherd of the flock.
• He will have demonstrated the ability to lead well by forming healthy and effective relationships with both staff and lay leadership teams.
• He will have a passion for outreach and discipleship.
• He will be in complete agreement with the church’s doctrinal statement.
Personal Testimony of Salvation and Call to Ministry
He will have a clear testimony of having been born again and be able to clearly articulate his personal call to the gospel ministry.
He must be a man who satisfies the Biblical qualifications for an Elder listed in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
In addition to these qualities we seek a leader who is prayerful, wise and growing in his walk with God.
Education and Ministry Experience
He will likely possess a graduate degree (preferably an M.Div. or its equivalent) from a recognized Theological Seminary.
He will have a record of having led a church to growth, both spiritually and numerically (at least 5-10 years of Pastoral leadership experience is preferred).
He needs to have a servant’s heart, be approachable, and focus more on people than on programs. He will be willing to submit to a personality profile if asked for the consideration of the Search Team as a part of the application process.
He should be spiritually and emotionally mature so as to be able to effectively counsel people relative to problems that affect their spiritual lives, social behavior and personal conduct. He must be able to confront others graciously and keep a confidence.
He must be a team player and value the assistance and support of associates, the Elders and Deacons as well as other church leaders. He must be open to periodic performance evaluations by the church board.
As the Bible teaches us that the Holy Spirit endows certain gifts for the betterment of
the Body, we desire that the candidate demonstrate evidence of gifting in:
Pastor-Teacher (Eph. 4:11)
Leadership (Rom. 12:8)
Administration (1 Cor. 12:28)
Exhortation (Rom. 12:8) Hospitality (Rom. 12:13) Wisdom (1 Cor. 12:8)
Values and Passion
RCBC desires a leader who
• values people at all stages of development
• embraces the opportunity to serve in a multi-generational community of faith
• and has a particular passion for both older and young adults.
We expect that the next Senior Pastor of Range Community Bible Church will enjoy the full support and participation of his wife (if married) in the experience of God’s call to serve in this position.
Please submit resume with a cover letter to [email protected]