We are a small conservative independent Bible Church, baptistic in theology. Springboro is in Northwestern Pennsylvania not far from the Ohio state line and about 20 miles south of Lake Erie, with a population of around 450. The larger portion of our congregation is over 60 but we do have some children. Our average Sunday morning attendance is around fifty.
- First and foremost, we are looking for a man who loves Jesus and has a humble spirit, recognizing that he himself is hopelessly lost without Christ.
- A man who walks with Jesus, and is able to minister out of the authentic overflow of his own life.
- If a family man, he must be a faithful husband who loves and leads his wife. We expect the wife to be engaged in the churches ministry but not above the Biblical expectations of any other lady within the congregation. A faithful father who has a great relationship with his kids and knows how to put his family first in the midst of church ministry demands.
- A man who has a Pastor’s heart – A heart to lead and shepherd the flock, but who also understands his need to grow along with his flock.
- A gifted communicator who has a rock-solid commitment to Biblical preaching and teaching.
- A man who meets the Biblical qualifications of elders as laid out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- And especially in light of all the above, a man who doesn’t take himself too seriously, but knows how to have fun and live a balanced life.
While education is good and profitable, it cannot in and of itself make a gifted teacher or impart a pastor’s heart. Only God makes these. First and foremost we are looking for a man who has a shepherd’s heart; whose focus and heart’s desire is to impart the truths of God’s word to his flock that they might grow and be built up in their faith.
Our ideal candidate would be between the ages of 30 and 50. However, this does not mean we will not consider those outside this bracket.
As we are a small congregation, we do not at this time have sufficient resources to fully meet all the financial needs of our pastor. We need a man who also possesses other qualifications and abilities for employment outside of the church. A man that can also work at a job in order to supplement his income so as to provide what we are unable to for themselves / their family. This need will be revisited on a yearly basis based upon church finances.
- Lead and work closely with the church leadership to provide overall vision and direction for the church, resulting in long-term spiritual health and growth.
- Lead, develop and manage the staff to insure all ministries of the church are healthy and in alignment with our values and vision.
- Primary preacher and teacher for weekend services.
- Develop message series which provide a solid “diet” that spiritually develops people – equipping believers so that they may be rooted and grounded in the Word that they may openly and confidently share their faith.
If you think you are a fit for us, we would love to hear from you.
Please email the following to, [email protected]:
- Resume or Bio Sheet in PDF format
- Picture of you and your family
- Any online links by which we can watch you in ministry