Shelbyville, IN United States
THE PASTOR WE ARE SEEKING
1. Bi-vocational: He will have to have a part-time job in order for his needs to be fully met.
2. Willing to relocate, and live and actively minister within the community. Shelbyville is a city of about 20,000 located 30 minutes southeast of Indianapolis.
3. Our desire would be to call a married man with children who could be a seed for other families with children to become part of the church family. This is not an absolute prerequisite but would be our hope. A single man with a zeal for reaching the community would be satisfactory as well.
SPIRITUAL BELIEFS OF THE PASTOR
1. The pastor would hold to the historic views of the church, having a high view of Scripture, holding to the sovereignty of God, salvation by Jesus Christ alone, by grace alone, through faith alone.
2. His character would be generally, by God’s grace, in line with 1 Timothy 3: 1-7.
3. The pastor would have a Christ-centered ministry, seeking to preach weekly from the scriptures, opening up and expounding God’s truth from the word of God so that the church of God can be more and more conformed to the image of His Son, and the lost challenged to believe in the Gospel.
1. Knowing this is a part-time ministerial position, priorities will be given to leading Sunday morning worship, visiting the flock of God and addressing their personal needs.
2. A priority would also be given to developing with the leadership a plan to expand and grow the ministry of the Church in Shelbyville.
1. A small, older group of faithful believers about 30 in number regularly attend the services.
2. The church is debt-free and able to maintain the buildings and pay its bills.
3. We worship in a beautiful, classic brick church building built in the early 1900’s with a large semi-circular sanctuary, a grand piano, and a pipe organ.
4. The church office, pastor’s study, and church food pantry are located in a 3 story building the church owns across the street from the sanctuary.
5. Salary would be determined at the time of the call, the need, and circumstances of additional income required.
Send inquiries or resumes to Robert Haehl, First Baptist Church, 14 W. Broadway St. Shelbyville, IN 46176.
He can be reached by telephone at 317-402-1741. A message can be left on the church office telephone at 317-392-3660.