Grace Bible church, a non-denominational, Bible-believing church in Monmouth Illinois is seeking a pastor. The church is located about 45 miles south of the Quad Cities, IL. Monmouth is a town of around 10,000 people, the home of Monmouth College.
We are looking for a pastor to lead us and teach us and pray for us, and one who will seek God and God’s purpose for our church. We want to grow in numbers and in outreach as well as in Christ. Even though we are a Bible church, most of us are from a Baptist background. We are committed to doing what God wants, and we are looking for a pastor who shares that commitment.
Job Description: Preach at Sunday morning service, counseling, and teaching, administer baptism, and the Lord’s Supper, conducting weddings and funerals, visitation, consistent prayer for the congregation, and regular communication with those in the congregation.
• Mature believer in Christ, Meeting the biblical standards for pastors set forth in 1Timothy 3:1-7.
• Strongly committed in his speech and life to serving Christ.
• Must agree to the Grace Bible Church Constitution and statement of faith; and have an unwavering,
belief in the Bible as the inspired, inerrant word of God. 11 Timothy 3:15-16.
• Believes in, and practices, transparency and openness in the conduct of church business.
• Vision for ministry outreach.
• May have another source of income.
• Minimum education: Bible School or Seminary.
• Experience: prefer an ordained, Bible School or seminary graduate, would consider a licensed minister with ministry experience.
• Church annex, 3 bedrooms remodeled double wide.
• Utilities paid – power, electric, water and internet.
• Yearly salary, $12,000.
• Monthly books and resources $25.00.
Interested candidates may contact:
Don Bell, Pulpit Committee
If you are interested, please respond by sending us your resume, statement of faith, and your call to the ministry.
Please also send more on yourself and/or your family.
121 South H Street, Monmouth, IL 61462
Email: [email protected]