Faith Community Church
Faith Community Church (FCC) believes that discipleship most effectively occurs in relational communities, wrapped in the Word of God with an intentional leader and a reproducible model. We are looking for an experienced team member able to lead us through the next phase of our group discipleship strategy and impact our community for Jesus’ fame.
The Pastor/Director of Discipleship is committed to develop, lead, and oversee the leaders and systems that ensure people are connected in recognized FCC Growth Groups and moving towards maturity.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Has a personal intentional pursuit of Jesus
- Has a personal intentional pursuit of his family
- Has a personal intentional pursuit of others for discipleship in his personal life
- Is a team player and is personable with a servant’s heart
- Possesses a contagious passion for developing disciples through intentional communities
- Fulfills the requirements of FCC covenant members as outlined in the membership covenant
- Fulfills the character qualifications of an elder in 1 Tim 3
- Can Affirm the New Hampshire Confession of Faith 1853.
- Philosophically aligned with FCC leadership
- Pursues continual development in the form of personal reading and outside training.
- Theological training.
- Experience in leading ministries, preaching/teaching, recruiting, inspiring, and coaching leaders.
- Excellence in writing quality, relevant group discussion questions from a weekly sermon.
- Ability to adapt past training and experience into FCC culture and needs
- Professional level skills and experience in systems organization, time management, prioritization, and execution.
- Proven track record for leading, loving and engaging people
- Strategize with Lead Pastor and FCC Leaders to implement three-year discipleship trajectory for Intentional discipleship.
- Develop weekly sermon-based community group discussion and study questions
- Produce regular leader resources
- Create and initiate 2 effective community group on-ramps throughout the year
- Research/approve any outside curriculum used in FCC Growth groups
- Establish and maintain quality control of Growth Group experiences and training
- Develop and implement a plan to monitor Growth Group attendance, health, and missional focus
- Work strategically with hospitality and mission initiatives on Sunday mornings to welcome, assimilate and send those new to FCC.
- Takes ownership of inviting new people to serve on a regular (weekly) basis – and then teaching other volunteers how to do the same
- Committed to thanking and celebrating volunteers and wins on a regular basis
- Intentional in pursuing relationships
- Growth Groups will become an obvious and understood “next step” connection point for new attenders of Faith Growth.
- Growth Group leaders are recruited, trained, and inspired to evaluate the spiritual maturity of group members and teach them the disciplines of a mature follower of Jesus over a three-year period
- We will have a clear and effective Growth Group assimilation process communicated on-line and at gatherings.
- Quality and creative sermon-based Growth Group curriculum (written and video) are created and delivered weekly to community group leaders.
- Additional CG leadership training modules are created, captured, and catalogued in an online resource library
- 50% of our weekly adult attendance participating in Growth Groups within 18 months and an overall participation of 70% of adult attendance in recognized Growth Groups
- Effective systems to monitor group attendance, health, wins and challenges are developed and maintained.
TO APPLY: Send resume, philosophy of discipleship, and an audio or video link of a recent sermon or teaching to [email protected]